Locally Testing a Newly Made Chatbot

Description
How can I test a Chatbot I’m in the process of making locally? I have defined the appropriate scopes and successfully authenticated. After clicking “Install” and then “Authorize” in the “Local Test” tab of the app page, I get a success message. I read here that my application should be installed directly into my Zoom Client after these steps, but I have not seen any hint of it after searching and see no way of manually installing (it is not published yet, so it doesn’t appear in the marketplace either). I made sure to be logged into the same account on both the client and browser where I am building the app, and my requests to authenticate are giving me a success message and status code of 200, but I am unsure of how else to proceed.

This would seem to be trivial, so I didn’t include more specifics, but please let me know what other details I could share. Grateful for any help!

Hey @QhapaqQowi,

Can you confirm that you’re on a Pro or higher plan?

Thanks,
Will

Hey @will.zoom, thanks for the response! I do not have the Pro plan. I didn’t see this was specified in the documentation, but I was assuming that was the issue. I tried paying for the Pro plan, but it hangs on the transaction after inputting my payment info and attempting the purchase. I’ve tried different cards and internet browsers, but none seem to work.

@will.zoom Got an update for you. I was able to get the payment to process by calling customer service for billing. I now have a paid pro account, but am not seeing my application available on the Zoom client to test it. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled, searched for the application on the client, and closed and restarted the client, but I still cannot find my chat bot.

Hey @QhapaqQowi,

Thanks for sharing these details. Can you please email us the Client ID of your chatbot from the email associated with your account at developersupport@zoom.us? Please include any additional details, screenshots, etc., that might help—someone from our team can help to take a closer look.

Thanks,
Will

@will.zoom Thank you! I sent the email.

Thank you @QhapaqQowi,

A member of our team will be in touch soon.

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.