Login with Google

Description
How do I let a user log in using Google if that is how they set up their zoom account using the Zoom iOS SDK? Am I supposed to just set up a Sign in with Google and pass their access token created via my own app’s google sign in into loginWithSSO or is SSO totally separate from Google auth?

Which version?
v4.6.15084.0206

To Reproduce(If applicable)

1. Download Sample App for zoom ios sdk
  2. Go to settings
  3. Press sign in
    Expected result:
    Sign in options like in Zoom app
    Actual results:
    Either email/password or SSO manually inputted token

Smartphone (please complete the following information):
iPhone 7+ iOS v12.0.1

Additional context
It seems that the login options on the sdk sample are generally lacking. Even the alert view asking for username and password would look untrustworthy to a user who does not know that the information is passing through Zoom’s servers only.

Hi riskdiceshaker,

Thanks for the post.

That’s correct. Our Client SDK provides the interface loginWithSSO for any types of SSO login such as Google, Facebook, your own Idp, etc, and this interface expects an SSO token. The process of how to generate the SSO token needs to be handled by the developer. You may refer to the support doc here for more info:Knowledge Base - Zoom Support

Thanks!

I think the SSO token is generated by Zoom, not Google Sign in. Zoom uses the token created by Google to create the SSO token. But Zoom won’t do this using a token from a Google sign in for your own service (otherwise this would allow you to access Zoom accounts for anyone who logged into your service).

If you click the “Sign in with Google” button (or the SSO or Facebook buttons) in the Linux client, and then sign in, it will take you to a page that says “Zoom should launch in a few seconds. If not, please click button below.” The “Launch Zoom” link on this page includes a token that should work with loginWithSSO. It would be nice if this were documented somewhere. It took me a while to figure out. But I hope this helps someone else out.

1 Like

It actually looks like there’s no way to use the SDK with a Google login. The SSO token only works for SSO logins that aren’t Facebook or Google. However, if a user registers an account using the same email associated with a Facebook login, this allows them to login to the same account using a username and password. It doesn’t create a separate account. The person can then login to your app using their email and the password they created.

@carson.zoom So it looks like there is no way to have a “Login with Google” button when using the Client SDK. Is that right? Is there any plan to add that option?
Hope so, it’s a big deal. Thanks!

Hey @jeisenberg,

Unfortunately, the SDK does not currently support the “Login with Google” button. We will let you know if the SDK begins support for this in the future.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Thanks!
Michael

Unfortunately, the SDK does not currently support the “Login with Google” button. We will let you know if the SDK begins support for this in the future.

Michael, thank you.

Unfortunately, many users or teachers use google, and then we cannot provide a log in option.

What will be your recommendation or workaround to use google oauth with SDK?

Hey @tigordev,

I understand, this would definitely be a useful feature for many people. Unfortunately, I do not believe there is a workaround to support google oauth with the SDK. However, you can use a ZAK token to allow a user to start meeting without them having to login into Zoom. https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/credentials
I know this is not ideal for your use case, but if you decide to go this route we would be happy to assist you :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Michael

Michael, thank you.

User Tokens and Zoom Access Tokens (ZAK) are required to start a meeting on behalf of a Non-login user. These dual tokens are required for additional layers of security.

There are 404 error for that link.

I’m studying ZAK.

I don’t understand what limitations to use ZAK

• free or paid feature
  • limits per SDK or per day or per session
  • Is it possible to use ZAK with many education classroom? E.g. every teacher has their own limitations.
  • Is it possible to add nickname for ZAK users, e.g. set username of name?

As I understand, if user has their own Zoom account with Google Oauth that ZAK is not worked for him. Right?

Hey @tigordev,

Thank you for finding this! Will update soon.

Let me explain the ZAK tokens a little further.
Any user can join a meeting with a meeting number and password. But to start a new meeting, the user must be logged into Zoom, or must be authenticated by the developer. If the current user wishes to start a meeting, but not log into Zoom, you as the developer can allow them to start a meeting on behalf of your Zoom API credentials. To do this, Zoom can issue you a ZAK token that you provide to the SDK when a user is starting the meeting. When a meeting is started with a ZAK, the user is considered a “Non-Login User” or a “API User”.

If the user does indeed want to log into Zoom, you would have to provide their Zoom email and Zoom password to the SDK, but the SDK does not support Google OAuth to sign into Zoom.

• Free

• Maximum of 80 requests per second per account for business + 60 requests per second for free and pro

• You can use ZAK’s to authenticate any user you would like, if certain teachers should not be able to start meetings, you would not obtain a ZAK for them

• Yes, each user’s name can be set

No, you may use a ZAK for any user, since the ZAK token uses your API credentials for authentication and not the users credentials.

Thanks!
Michael

1 Like

Hi @Michael_Condon , to make it clear, please support me as follows: I have a free school administration platform that implements online teaching using the Zoom SDK. Now, teachers can log in to their Zoom account (paid or free) and start an online lesson right on my platform.
For the convenience of teachers who have not logged into their Zoom account, I plan to make it possible for them to use ZAK to start lessons for free. So, with just my email (free account), can I request multiple ZAKs for multiple teachers to start online lessons at the same time?
Or when asking for ZAK, in the userID part, it’s the teacher’s email?

PS: the page App Marketplace returns 404

Hey @shpy2001,

You would pass in their userID into that field. Keep in mind though, that they would have to be a sub-account on your Zoom account to generate a ZAK token for them. If they are not a sub-account on your account you would have to obtain an OAuth token first before generating the ZAK token.

Thanks!
Michael

1 Like