SSO not working for zoom account which is created with google/facebook

I have integrated zoom SDK in my application. Login with email and password is working fine. But for a few zoom accounts which are created with Facebook/Google can not be logged in as they don’t have a password.

Now I am trying to add Login with Google & Facebook. For that I need to send SSO Key to zoom LoginwithSSO API. But here I am getting 1006 error after sending accesskey to zoom API.

1 Like

I am struggling with implementing social login (Facebook/Google) via the SDK’s SSO Login methods as well. I’m able to get the tokens from the login response from FB login but the Zoom SDK’s SSO Login method fails when I pass them in.

Is there another login method (aside from email or SSO) that accepts tokens generated from social logins?

Do we need to specify a different domain from https://zoom.us when using social login tokens for the SSO login method?

Hey @murali.rudrakshula, @daves,

Apologies for the late reply. Are you using the Android or iOS SDK?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy - thanks for the reply. I’m actually using the MacOS SDK, apologies for tacking onto Murali’s note in this Mobile SDK forum. Can you help me understand how to use the MacOS SDK SSO login sdk methods to authenticate a social login user?

I can open a new thread/topic in the MacOS forum if easier, let me know. Thanks!

I am using iOS SDK. Apologies for late reply

I’m facing the same issue using the Zoom iOS SDK. The documentation simply refers to entering the SSO token but does not explain in any way how to get that token. Was able to seemingly get a valid token from a Google login to Zoom using WKWebView but it is not accepted when passing it to the login(withSSOToken:rememberMe) function.

I am working on SSO login in iOS SDK but we are not able to login using method login(withSSOToken:rememberMe). I have spent long hours on forum searching how to use sso token received in WKWebView but no luck. @jeremy.provost could you resolve the SSO login issue?

@KKumpavat sorry, no, never got this figured out and did not receive any assistance from Zoom.

@jeremy.provost Thank you for your reply. Same with me. Still following up with dev support. I will update if we get resolution.

Hey @KKumpavat,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

We received your developer support inquiry and will follow up there.

@jeremy.provost @daves @murali.rudrakshula
Sorry, you did not get proper assistance from Zoom regarding the SSO login. Let me try and assist there.
The SSO token that the SDK is expecting is a specific token that is present in a URL during the the SSO handshake process. You must have a Business or Education account with Zoom, have a vanity URL, and must configure your identity provide to work with Zoom’s services: Quick start guide for SSO – Zoom Help Center
Once your identity provider is successfully configured with Zoom, you will be able to begin SSO integration into the SDK. The SDK will only handle receiving a token for login and will not handle SSO UI presentation or initiation, this will be on the developer. Within the reply URL from the identity provider you will find the token that the SDK is expecting. For example, if I used google as my identity provider and all went well, there will be a URL like this:

The token is after the “zt=”.
You may see that in the MobileRTCUserType enum there is MobileRTCUserType_Facebook and MobileRTCUserType_GoogleOAuth. You do not need to do anything with this enum for SSO. This is an unrelated remnant of different functionality in the SDK. We will work to get the documentation updated for SSO on all SDK platforms as we are aware that this is not documented anywhere currently. If you run into issues or questions about this, please reach out to DeveloperSupport@zoom.us for help troubleshooting.

The last thing to note, currently there appears to be a bug somewhere that is causing the SDK to throw a 407 upon logging in. This is related to an issue @jeremy.provost brought up recently where setting “Required Minimum Client Version” causes the SDK to break. We are still investigating this issue, and we hope to have it resolved soon.

Thanks!
Michael

Thank you for this additional information. Does this mean that Google and Facebook can not be used for login with the SDK?

Hi @jeremy.provost,

You are correct that you cannot log into the SDK through Google or Facebook login at this time. Currently, these are only supported through the Zoom client.

Thanks!