Looking to create a Python Script that auto-admits people on Zoom API but unsure if the feature exists?

Description
Basically the title but I am looking to create a script that can auto-accept people on my meeting whenever they come on, though one thing I am not sure of is if this API actually exists. I have been researching about this topic for a while now but have found nothing relevant to my question, best I could find was a post from last year March which asked if moving people from the waiting room to the live meeting was possible.

Thank you in advance

Hi @samjoshua,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

To clarify, are you trying to programmatically admit participants to a meeting? (Let me know if I’m misunderstanding)

If so, I should clarify that this is not possible. Currently, participants must join a meeting manually. However, you can share a join_url with participants to join, which can be retrieved for a meeting via our GET Meeting API:

Let me know if this helps to clarify,
Will

Hey @will.zoom,

Thanks for your response regarding my question. Yes that indeed is what I was looking to do, to have a python program auto admit participants in the waiting room into the live meeting. Though it is unfortunate that no such command/permission exists for it, so thank you for letting me know. I do hope that a feature like this comes by later on for Zoom.

Thank you

Hi @samjoshua,

Thanks for confirming.

If you’re interested in seeing this capability in the future, I might also encourage you to submit a feature request for this here: #feature-requests

Thanks!
Will

Hi @will.zoom,

Will do, thank you for the response

Best regards

No problem, thanks again for the suggestion!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.