Low success rates with one-to-one connections

I don’t have a concise technical problem. I’m wondering if we are having typical results and if there is anything we can do to improve our situation.

We are using the zoom api to create a meeting for users while they are on our website. We create one to one connections between a host and a participant. The host often has zoom already installed and some familiarity with it; the participants often have no or little zoom experience. We try to provide these participants a quick guide to zoom and access to test functionality before this meeting (test audio: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362283-Testing-Computer-or-Device-Audio ) (test video: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362313-How-Do-I-Test-My-Video ).

The host clicks a button on our site to launch a meeting. We make some API requests to create the users and meeting. The participant is then allowed to join in their browser on our site.

The problem though is that the success rates are just not very high. Many users have problems getting video to connect or there are audio problems, despite the settings saying both videos should be on by default. If a successful connection does happen then it is often the first five minutes is dead air with black screens and missing audio. Is this normal? Is there anything that we can do?

Hi @thand,

The participants who join the meeting are they joining using the web client correct? If so what browser are they using? Also, do you have the meetingIDs and participants emails/userID that are not working?

Thanks

Hi Michael,

I think that you identified it. We just had a meeting with our customer success manager. It seems like a large part of the issue is potentially having the participants join through the web browser, especially on mobile phones. We are going to try having everyone download the app instead.

Thank you,
Tom

1 Like

Thanks @thand,

Here is the Zoom Browser Support info.

I agree to have everyone use the Zoom App :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy