LTI Pro app. Use same meeting in more than one course in canvas

This is for developer-specific feature requests. For other requests please contact our customer support team.

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
We’re using LTI Pro app with Canvas. This is a common use case for us: teacher wants a zoom meeting to be available in two canvas courses.

Describe the solution you’d like
There should be an option to use/import a zoom meeting in more than one course using the LTI Pro app

Describe alternatives you’ve considered
Use the LTI Pro app for most meetings. For meetings common to more than one course we instruct teachers to schedule meeting in zoom client and then paste link in course info.

Additional context
Add any other context or screenshots about the feature request here.

7 Likes

We have Zoom integrated via LTI with Sakai, and would like this feature as well.

I imagine the meeting is stamped with metadata showing the association with course sites; if there were a UI in the LTI app that could allow a user to associate by meeting ID, that might work.

We have Zoom integrated via LTI with Brightspace (D2L). The ability to share meeting to more than one course would be really useful as we have a number of cases where a session is taught to more than one course at once.

Same. We need the ability to use the import feature in the Zoom LTI Pro app to important one meeting into multiple courses. For now, we can only utilize Zoom Pro in one course and have to paste meeting information in Canvas to the other courses.

“This meeting is already associated with another course and can not be imported into this course (2251).”

Since the LTI Pro update (May 30, 2021) the ability to import Zoom Meetings b/w delivery spaces no longer works and we receive the following error message: “This meeting is already associated with another course and cannot be imported into this course (2251)”. This feature was used heavily by academics as part of the their daily workflow to join groups of students during lock down periods. The same Zoom link is required across multiple spaces and importing meetings into those spaces was the best way to achieve this critical requirement, until the May 2021 update. The loss of this feature has resulted in increased workload for staff and confusion for students trying to access their Zoom classes. Can we please have this feature request escalated as a matter of urgency for Zoom integration via LTI Pro within Brightspace/D2L LMS?

I agree, this is a matter of urgency. The Fall term is upon us, and the function to import the same Meeting ID across separate instances of a course using the Zoom LTI Pro integration is extremely important. I am a Director of Online Ed at my school, we are using Canvas as our LMS.

1 Like

It is critically important to have the ability to import the same ‘Meeting ID’ into several different courses utilizing the Zoom LTI Pro & Canvas as LMS.

1 Like

The loss of this feature has resulted in increased workload for academic staff and confusion for students when trying to access their Zoom classes.

Can we please have this feature reinstated and escalated as a matter of urgency for Zoom integration via LTI Pro within Brightspace/D2L LMS?

I completely agree. I am the administrator for our school’s LMS, in this case, Canvas. Due to the loss of the feature noted above, I have had to result to cross-listing multiple course sections into one-course shell just so all the sections can use the Zoom Meeting ID from one-course location. This is a lot of extra work due to this problem, please just reinstate the ability to share Zoom Meeting ID across multiple courses.

BUMP - has there been any update on this matter. I agree this is a matter of urgency…

You can merge sections in the LMS to accomplish this so all participants are in the same course to begin with. There are FERPA concerns with this practice, so check with your Registrar.

When using an LMS with Zoom LTI Pro, something like this would definitely make sharing office hour information a lot easier. Students seem to forget where Zoom links and passcodes are posted. Not having to make an announcement in every single course with all the information would increase QoL for many instructors.

I am currently running cross-listing in Canvas Courses into Sections of a course. This works, but it is not an ideal solution. This does not work for office hours for profs who want all of the Zoom meetings centralized via the LTI Pro integration. Zoom definitely needs to fix this issue by listing the same Meeting ID across different courses.

I launched a ticket request with Zoom Developer Contact, and I recently got an update the backend engineering team is working on solving this problem. Hopefully, this will be fixed by the next academic term.

Has there been any progress made on this issue with Zoom Pro LTI? With the Spring term fast approaching, this is an issue that if not solved will require our institution to look for new solutions elsewhere, unfortunately.

Edit
I just read the new Release Notes and see that they have enabled Meeting ID in separate courses! Thank goodness!