Waiting room confusion for user

Description
Using the React sample app for Web. If I join a meeting with the waiting room option on before the host has started the meeting I see a screen with a “Meeting has not started” message and a disabled “Waiting…” button. So far so good.

If the host then starts the meeting using the Zoom app, the Waiting button become enabled and the label changes to “joining” (lower case??) and stays that way. Users see the “joining” label and think that maybe something is happening, but it never does. That is reinforced by the “Meeting has not started” message still showing. So the user does nothing. And there is no indication to the host that there is someone waiting. It isn’t until the user clicks the “joining” button that they can join the meeting, but there is no indication that is what they are supposed to do.

Is there something else I am supposed to be doing? Like an event listener somewhere that tells me the host is available and to try rejoining the meeting?

Browser Console Error
No Errors

Which Web Meeting SDK version?

Meeting SDK Code Snippets
Using sample React app.

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Described above

Screenshots
As above

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: Mac Mini M1
  • Browser: Chrome
  • Browser Version 102

Update: the ‘Allow participants to join anytime’ being unchecked also causes that waiting screen.

@dev21,

Glad to hear you were able to resolve the behavior you were seeing and thank you for posting the solution in the forum.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.