Managing Large Database of Zoom Meetings

Background Info:

In response to the COVID-19 outbreak Addition Recovery Meetings have swarmed to Zoom. I am maintaining a database of over 2000 meetings using Google Sheets & Awesome Table through my recovery related website so our base can access meetings. The database is crowd sourced using Google Forms.

I would like to be able to validate each meeting in the database is valid and actually occuring so that the database can remain up to date.

Any suggestions on what direction is best to achieve the desired end?

Hey @gary,

You can only get info on Zoom meetings if you own the Zoom meeting, or the owner of the Zoom meeting authorizes you to do so.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey Tommy! Thanks for the response. That is good to know. It seems that there should be a way to send a request to any meeting provided you have the meeting number to test the validity of the meeting number. This morning when I went to join a meeting on our list it said the number was invalid. It would seem to be that there should be a way to send a request via urlFetchApp in Apps Script and receive a response denoting valid versus invalid ids.

Hey @gary,

The reason why we don’t have the endpoint you are suggesting is due to privacy.

Thanks,
Tommy