Marketplace Approval for All Apps

We had received a mail few days back that all apps that use Zoom Meeting SDK are required to be published on Zoom Marketplace.

We have been trying to get our app approved but it has got rejected for one reason or another. But we would like to take a step back and ask Zoom if it is even required that we submit our app on the marketplace.

We have a meditation app, which used Zoom Meeting SDK on web to host live meditation classes. Our use case involves hosting personal meditation classes, which are hosted by our personal account only and no third party account can host the same. You can say that it is a simple meeting, that opens in a web view, hosted by us, which is later joined by our app users as participants.

Hence, are we required to go into this cycle of getting our app approved for marketplace. We are not looking to publish our app on Zoom marketplace per se since our use case isn’t such.

Additionally, if it is required and since the deadline for this is 31st July, will our Live meetings stop getting hosted after the same date?

@idanim I will answer part of this. For the question above, you will need to consider the information below.

For the 2nd question, Meeting SDK will continue to work without publishing if the below conditions are met

• After 31st July, the meeting which Meeting SDK is joining/starting needs to be created by users which are in the same tenant as the developer. In other words, the users who are hosting the meeting are under the same parent account.
  • After 31st July, if the unpublished Meeting SDK attempts to join meeting which are host by external users, it will fail to do so. External users here means users who are not in the same tenant as the developer / app creator.

Thank you @chunsiong.zoom for the reply. Our use case aligns with the first point that you mentioned, i.e

• After 31st July, the meeting which Meeting SDK is joining/starting needs to be created by users which are in the same tenant as the developer. In other words, the users who are hosting the meeting are under the same parent account

adding on to this, will the Meeting SDK be able to join external users to meetings which have been hosted/created by same tenant as the developer/the developer themselves…?

@idanim “external users” will be able to join this meeting.

@chunsiong.zoom I have a question. We use the eRoom Wordpress plugin(How to Obtain APIs | eRoom Plugin) to facilitate zoom meetings in browser. A few months ago it was enough to use the API credentials for an unpublished app (and even recommended in the case of eRoom) in order to connect eRoom to the Zoom API. I had used my own credentials at the time but we’re now preparing for handoff so we need to integrate the client’s credentials instead.

We have found that the app creation process on your end is different now and that apps require approval. Your approval process asks for architectural diagrams and many more questions, but eRoom is a 3rd party WordPress plugin. All we want is to connect to the Zoom API through it like before.

I don’t know if the app will be approved, so how can we accomplish this?

@remy please open a new thread and tag me, this is not relevant to this topic