Master Account APIs vs. Account level APIs

Description
What is the difference between Master Account APIs and the API that uses account:read:admin scope?

For instance, how does the account level API for list recordings /accounts/{accountId}/recordings differ from Master Account API /v2/accounts/{accountId}/recordings?

If the account level API /accounts/{accountId}/recordings is called with the accountId set to ‘me’ and master account token, does it only return recordings for the master account and none of the sub accounts?

Please help clarify when to use one vs. other.

Thanks,
Snehal

Hey @snp

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout these related threads that may have the answer you are looking for:

If these threads did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

It will be helpful to get more clarification. Trying to understand how the APIs behave when master account token is used for one vs. the other.

Hey @snp,

The Master Account APIs allow a Master Account to manage Sub Accounts utilizing the Master Account’s API Key/Secret.

Let me know if that clears things up.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.