Need to move a user back to the Master account with API

Description
I cannot locate within the API documentation how to move a user back to the master account with an API call. users can be moved from Master to a SubAccount and between SubAccount however there is no documentation that I can find on how to move a user back to the master account.

Hey @jd.snyder002

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout these related threads that may have the answer you are looking for:

If these threads did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

This response was not helpful

Hey @jd.snyder002,

Have you tried using this endpoint?:

Are you running into an error when you make a request to this API?

Let me know—thanks!
Will

I have tried this API. there appears to be functionality to move users between sub accounts but when I try to put either “me” or the master account number in the bod of the PUT call I recieve an error and the user is not moved.

Hey @jd.snyder002,

Apologies—thanks for clarifying. At the moment, I do not believe that moving a user a back to a master account from one of its sub accounts is possible. This will likely need to be done via the Zoom Web Portal, or by contacting our Support Team directly with this request.

That said, I can appreciate how this seems like it would make sense to be able to do via API, and I will be happy to share this feedback with my team.

Thanks,
Will

I think this is an absolute hole in the functionality. personally, I would consider this a bug and not a new feature request

1 Like

Hey @jd.snyder002,

Thanks for raising this, and can definitely appreciate how the manual intervention required here is not a great experience. I’ve reached out to our team to see if this is something we might be able to support in the future, and I’ll be happy to keep you updated on this. (ZOOM-205663).

Thanks again for your diligence in raising this,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.