Mediasite App uninstalled but still connected

We recently installed the Mediasite marketplace app but decided against using it, and uninstalled it. Marketplace no longer lists it as an installed app. However, we are continuing to receive Zoom cloud recordings in Mediasite several days after having uninstalled the app. I am looking under My Dashboard : Installed Apps as well as My Admin Dashboard : Apps on Account, and Mediasite does not appear anywhere.

Has anyone else had experience with this occurring? Are there other places I should look for apps to disable this completely? Thanks,

Ed

Hey @emhenn,

This may be due to the cloud recordings being delayed.

Can you let me know if you are still seeing new recordings come in after a few days?

Thanks,
Tommy

Tommy -

It looks like they may have stopped right around the time I posted my message here. One other thing I did at that time was removed another Marketplace app that I don’t think I installed, it was called something like “Zoom Login Helper” and had an app description that looked like just test garbage like “asdfasdfasdf”. Could that have been related to the Mediasite app somehow?

Anyway, thanks for your response. Hopefully I won’t see any more unwanted uploads.

Ed

Hey @emhenn,

The Zoom Login Helper is the OAuth app to login to this devforum I believe. It’s not related to the mediasite app.

Let us know if you ever see any issues with webhooks again.

Thanks,
Tommy