Meeting goes to waiting state, when I use zoom create meeting api for new zoom SDK 5.7.1

Description
I have zoom business+ account, I am starting zoom meeting using create meeting api in zoom android sdk, that’s working fine for older zoom sdk version.
→ After I integrated the new Zoom SDK, I am not able to start a meeting, meeting goes to waiting state every time, so I need to do any changes in zoom api or zoom sdk code?

Error
Meeting not starting as owner

Which Endpoint/s?
Create meeting api
POST /users/{userId}/meetings

Screenshots

Facing the same issue. After integrating the latest zoom Android SDK v5.7.1.1266, I am not able to join the meeting as host from the SDK. I see the same screen which says “Waiting for the host to start the meeting.”. The code to join meeting is given below -

val meetingService = mZoomSDK.meetingService
    val inMeetingService = ZoomSDK.getInstance().inMeetingService
    val options = getTeacherMeetingOptions()
    val params = JoinMeetingParam4WithoutLogin()
    params.displayName = "name"
    params.meetingNo = data.meetingId
    params.password = data.meetingPassword
    params.userId = data.zoomUserId
    params.userType = MeetingService.USER_TYPE_API_USER
    params.zoomAccessToken = data.zakToken

meetingService.joinMeetingWithParams(context, params, options)

Hi @vaghelaabhijeet6 and @anonymousedge03,

Sorry to hear you’re both running into this issue. Are you by chance using a custom meeting UI in your apps? If so, we are aware of an issue preventing use of custom UI and are working on resolving it.

Please let me know if you are not using a custom meeting UI and we can investigate the cause of this issue.

Thanks!

@jon.zoom I am not using custom meeting UI. I use the default ZOOM UI.

Hi @anonymousedge03,

Thanks for confirming that you are using the default UI. When you are trying to start a meeting as the host, you should use the startMeetingWithParams method as outlined in our documentation here. It is also important to ensure that the ZAK you are using is coming from the host of the meeting and not some other user.

Thanks!

@jon.zoom I am not starting the meeting from the SDK. I am starting a meeting using the Create meeting API - POST /users/{userId}/meetings.

After creating the meeting I am trying to join the meeting as a host using the Android SDK. The code I posted above is working well with SDK version 5.5.1.1319. This issue is only coming in the latest SDK version 5.7.1.1266.

Facing same issue,
I am create meeting using zoom create meeting api and get ZAK token from start_url
(start_url = …zoom.us/s/XXXXXXXXX?zak={zakToken}) and with use of this token and other params I am trying to start meeting as host.

back end API details
POST https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/${zoomUserId}/meetings
body : { topic, type: ‘1’, timezone: ‘Asia/Calcutta’, }

This start_url only not working in new sdk

Thanks

Hi @vaghelaabhijeet6 and @anonymousedge03,

Thanks for the additional context. After looking into this, there does appear to be an issue with joining the meeting using the ZAK provided in the start URL. We will need to investigate whether or not this is functioning as intended.

That being said, since you are the host of the meeting, you should be able to use the startMeetingWithParams method. This is functioning correctly when using the ZAK of the host. Let me know if you are running into any issues with using this method.

Thanks!

@jon.zoom After creating a meeting using the Create API, if I try to join the meeting using startMeetingWithParams then the meeting doesn’t even start. It fails with error code 99 i.e. Invalid Arguments.

When can we expect the fix to be released for the issue with joinMeetingWithParams ?

Hi @anonymousedge03,

Based on that error code, there might be some missing information when you are trying to start the meeting. Can you please provide a code snippet showing how you are attempting to start the meeting?

When can we expect the fix to be released for the issue with joinMeetingWithParams ?

We are still investigating whether or not this is working as expected. I will be sure to keep you updated as soon as we have any additional information.

Thanks!

Hi @anonymousedge03 and @vaghelaabhijeet6,

There was a recent service disruption reported where customers were unable to join meetings. It has since been marked as resolved on our status page, and I am no longer able to reproduce this issue. Please let me know if you are still able to reproduce this.

Thanks!

@jon.zoom It is not fixed. I am still facing the same issue.

Hi @anonymousedge03,

Just to be clear, which issue are you still facing? The error code 99 when calling startMeetingWithParams, or being unable to join the meeting when calling joinMeetingWithParams?

Thanks!

@jon.zoom I am facing both issues. First I create the meeting using the API, POST https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/${zoomUserId}/meetings

Then I tried to join the meeting which shows a screen with the message “Waiting for the host to start the meeting.” The code to join the meeting is given below -

val params = JoinMeetingParam4WithoutLogin()
params.password = data.meetingPassword

meetingService.joinMeetingWithParams(context, params, options)

Then I tried to start the meeting as you said using startMeetingWithParams. I am still getting 99 meeting error code. The code to start the meeting is given below -

val params = StartMeetingParamsWithoutLogin()

val status = meetingService.startMeetingWithParams(context, params, options)

Hi @anonymousedge03,

Based on the information you have provided, there appears to be something wrong with one of the fields you are passing into the params object. It is likely that this is an issue with the data.zakToken value, since you are seeing issues both when joining and starting a meeting. You mentioned that you are using the API to create the meeting, but can you please elaborate on where you are getting the ZAK from?

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom ,
we are getting ZAK token from start_url, as I mentioned earlier
(start_url = …zoom.us/s/XXXXXXXXX?zak={zakToken}

Thanks!

Hi @vaghelaabhijeet6,

Apologies, but are you both working on the same project? That much was not clear, so please let me know.

If you are not working on the same project, are you still able to reproduce this issue?

Thanks!

@jon.zoom Yes, we are working on the same project. I am able to consistently reproduce the issue.

Hi @anonymousedge03,

Thanks for clarifying. We are investigating this issue and will keep you updated as soon as we have any new information. In the meantime, I would recommend using the startMeetingWithParams approach, so let’s see if we can resolve that 99 error code you are seeing.

Are you certain that the ZAK, userId, and displayName fields are non-empty values?

Thanks!

1 Like

@jon.zoom You are right. We were passing empty displayName. It used to work before with joinMeetingWithParams in the older SDK. But for startMeetingWithParams it is necessary to pass displayName. That is why I was getting 99 error code. startMeetingWithParams is working fine now. Thank you.