Meeting Says not found/expired

Hello folks,

I have been using " /users/{userId}/meetings" endpoint to create instant meeting.However, if someone clicks on that if says meeting not found/expired.Anyone else facing the same issue?

I am using JWT token with user’s email in {userId} to get the meeting details.This works if clicked immediately.I suppose the issue with expiration.

Warm regards
Milap

Hi @milap.shah, if the userId passed through the token is successfully authorized to return meeting details, the issue may very well be with expiration as you suggest.

To cover all bases: Is there a particular library or method you are using to generate the token? You will want to set the expiration time (exp) in the payload of that token. We have an example of this in our Quickstart JWT guide: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/authorization/jwt/authentication

@michael.zoom

I am able to get the token and that token is set for 45 seconds of expiration and I am able to make API call successfully.So token is not the problem.

I am using createMeeting endpoint with type set to ‘1’ and I believe that causes meeting URL generated being expired after sometime.

Is that the case? if yes, then how can I have a meeting which does not expire?

Warm regards
Milap

@milap.shah, you’re correct - you’re creating an instant meeting. If you want to create a bit of buffer time in the meeting, you might want to try creating a scheduled meeting (type: 2) and setting the duration time (in minutes). If this doesn’t work out, copy the body of your request here with any unique/identifiable settings hidden so we can see exactly what’s being sent.

1 Like

@michael.zoom

Thanks for the quick response.For now, I endup doing the same and changing my settings to send as “type:2”.

But sometimes I have seen with type as 1 instant meeting does not work and says invalid meeting even though you click almost immediately.

You might wanna check that.For my scenario, type 2 should work.

Warm regards
Milap

Hi @milap.shah, just looping back here to check in. Thanks for picking up on this, we’ve logged this as something to look into. Let us know if you have any questions!

Hey @michael.zoom,
Is this solved for instant meeting?

As I am trying to update status of instant meeting by below API https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/{meetingId}/status

But sometimes I am getting error as meeting not found or expired. Sometimes this API works sometimes this API returns error.

Hey @taushifali,

Is the instant meeting currently running when you are trying to update the status?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,
Yes it is instant meeting.

Thanks
Taushif

Hey @taushifali,

Make sure the meeting is live, otherwise it will not work.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,
Yes the meeting is live, I try to end meeting by calling API update meeting status, with action end.

Hey @taushifali,

Before you end the meeting you can check if the meeting is live via the get live meeting endpoint.

Thanks,
Tommy