Meetings array always empty when calling https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/me/recordings

Description
Full api url is in the Title (Got an error that I can only put 2 links in the body).
Hi so when I make an authenticate GET to /api.zoom.us/v2/users/me/recordings?from=2021-08-01
I get
{
“from”: “2021-08-07”,
“to”: “2021-09-07”,
“page_count”: 0,
“page_size”: 0,
“total_records”: 0,
“next_page_token”: “”,
“meetings”:
}

Expectation: Meeting array to have at least one because I do have a cloud recording (done one for test and I have a paid account).
Reality: Meeting array always empty

Error
N/A give a response just not what’s expected

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
GET /api.zoom.us/v2/users/me/recordings

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
1: Create a meeting.
2: (Optional) Add another user to the meeting
3: Record the session => Select “Record to Cloud”
4: Stop the recording
5: End the meeting.
6: Allow time for the meeting to finish upload to the cloud.
7 Make the request below

1 Request URL / Headers (without credentials) / Body

var myHeaders = new Headers();
myHeaders.append(“Content-Type”, “application/json”);
myHeaders.append(“Authorization”, “Bearer {{removed}}”);

var requestOptions = {
method: ‘GET’,
headers: myHeaders,
redirect: ‘follow’
};

fetch(“https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/me/recordings?from=2021-08-01”, requestOptions)
.then(response => response.text())
.then(result => console.log(result))
.catch(error => console.log(‘error’, error));

1. See error
    N/A

Screenshots (If applicable)

Additional context
I looked at this Attempting to list meetings always returns an empty meeting list - #3 by tommy but it doesn’t look like my issue. I went ahead and create a meeting with 2 users and it still return an empty meetings array.

Hey @jnelson-zoom,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I just have a couple of questions to get started:

1. Does using the User ID change the behavior?
  2. When setting a from and to field that are a month apart do you see the recording returned?

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM
Thank you.
Adding the userId actually work! But how would I able able to get all the recordings at a “team” level per say. Would I need to grab all users in the org/team to use their userId. I feel like there must be a better way?

Hey @jnelson-zoom,

Have you had a chance to check out this account recordings endpoint? This might be what you’re looking for:

Thanks,
Will

1 Like

Thanks @will.zoom this was what I needed!!

I’m glad to hear that helped! I’ll go ahead and close this topic now but feel free to open a new topic if you encounter any further issues or questions.

Max