MeetingSDK 5.13.5(6488 )for iOS, meeting reconnection issue

When I was in a meeting, application did enter background then I got a phone call, the meeting has disconnected. I return to application, the meeting was not reconnected. Meetings are reconnected automatically in the previous version. How can I get the state to reconnect meeting.

Which iOS Meeting SDK version?
5.13.5(6488)

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. join a meeting
  2. application did enter background
  3. make a phone call
  4. the meeting disconnect
  5. return to application, the meeting was not reconnected
    6.onMeetingStateChange:(MobileRTCMeetingState)state return MobileRTCMeetingState_Disconnecting

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: [iPhone 13]

Hi @zhaoxj
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum and sorry for the late reply here.
Are you still facing this issue? were you able to troubleshoot this?

Hi @elisa.zoom
Thanks for your reply, I still have this problem, There are two cases to this problem.
One scenario is I’m in the background talking on the phone for more than two minutes, method onMeetingStateChange:(MobileRTCMeetingState)state return MobileRTCMeetingState_Disconnecting before appDidBecomeActive.
The other scenario is I’m in the background talking on the phone for less than two minutes, method onMeetingStateChange:(MobileRTCMeetingState)state will return MobileRTCMeetingState_Disconnecting when I switch back my app to foreground.

Both cases have one thing in common that meeting has not reconnect.

@zhaoxj ,

Thank you for the details on the behavior you are seeing. Can you share the following information :

• Please share the exact steps to reproduce the behavior.

• Are you seeing any crash logs or errors ? If so, can you share the logs with us or post a screenshot of the errors you are seeing?

1 Like

@donte.zoom
Thanks for your reply, steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. join a meeting
  2. application did enter background
  3. make a phone call
  4. the meeting disconnect
  5. return to application, the meeting was not reconnected
    6.onMeetingStateChange:(MobileRTCMeetingState)state return MobileRTCMeetingState_Disconnecting

There is no crash or errors in this behavior step, I was used MeetingSDK 5.5 before I updated to 5.13, The difference is that MeetingSDK5.5 can be reconnected and MeetingSDK5.13 cannot cannot be reconnected.

Thank you for the details @zhaoxj! I’ve tested on my end and have not been able to reproduce the behavior. Have you tested this behavior with just the MSDK sample app? Or is this only happening when testing MSDK that has been integrated into your application?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.