/metrics/meetings api "total_records" doesn't match the number of meetings returned

Description
When querying the meeting details API endpoint the “total_records” returned doesn’t always match the actual count of meetings returned. For many time ranges i’m querying the count of meetings returned by the query is greater than the ‘total_records’ count

Error
No error message, just incorrect / misleading results.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Querying API using powershell and JWT authentication.

Which Endpoint/s?
https://api.zoom.us/v2/metrics/meetings

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
[09:42:19]:C:\Scripts\PowerShell\zoom\Scripts\GetMeetingStats> $listMeetingsUri
https://api.zoom.us/v2/metrics/meetings
[09:42:24]:C:\Scripts\PowerShell\zoom\Scripts\GetMeetingStats> $body

Name                           Value
----                           -----
type                           past
from                           2020-03-14
page_size                      300
next_page_token
to                             2020-04-12

[09:42:26]:C:\Scripts\PowerShell\zoom\Scripts\GetMeetingStats> $results = Invoke-RestMethod -Uri $listMeetingsUri -Headers $headers -Body $body
[09:42:40]:C:\Scripts\PowerShell\zoom\Scripts\GetMeetingStats> $results.total_records
[09:42:47]:C:\Scripts\PowerShell\zoom\Scripts\GetMeetingStats> $results.meetings.count

Hey @garrett,

Can you give me more details like how far off the numbers are? In your case, what is the total_records saying vs. what you are counting?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey Tommy,
In the example i gave above the total_records said “117” but the count of actual meetings returned was 135.

I ran a couple more reports this morning and for one timeframe it returned a “total_records” of 144 but returned 168 actual meetings. For another timeframe that had multiple pages of results the total_records said 1936 but when i finished processing all the pages i had a total of 2021 meetings.

Hey @garrett,

Strange, can I get your account # so we can look into this further?

Thanks,
Tommy

Sure,
Account No. 53909378

Below are results from a query run this morning showing the same issue:

Name                           Value
----                           -----
type                           past
from                           2020-03-16
page_size                      300
next_page_token
to                             2020-04-14

[08:55:18]:C:\Scripts\PowerShell\zoom\Scripts\GetMeetingStats> $results.total_records

[08:55:24]:C:\Scripts\PowerShell\zoom\Scripts\GetMeetingStats> $results.meetings.Count

Thanks @garrett,

We are looking into this and will get back to you. (ZOOM-186716)

-Tommy

We’re seeing the same issue. Is there an update on this?

Hey @garrett,

This issue is fixed and we have ran a patch to repair your meeting data. Please try again. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @Jeremy.P,

What is your Zoom account #?

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy, is there a way to private message/email the account number to you? I’m hesitant about posting it on the site for security reasons.

Thanks!

Looks good now Tommy, thanks for the help!

1 Like

Hey @Jeremy.P,

Sure, you can share it with developersupport@zoom.us. Just make sure to include details about the issue.

Thanks,
Tommy

You are welcome! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.