Missing participants

We are using https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/pastmeetings to get the list of meeting instances for a given meetingId.
For each meeting instance, we call https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/reports/reportmeetingparticipants to get the list of participants and their join/leave time.

For a specific meetingId, we get an empty list of participants, even though the recording of the same meetingId clearly shows that there were several participants for a long period of time.
Even tried to fetch participants report using the meetingId itself (instead of meeting instance UUId), but still the list of participants returns empty.

Hi @et-dev,

Thanks for reaching out about this. Can you share the meeting ID or UUID that you’re using? I’m happy to take a closer look.

Thanks,
Will

Zoom Meeting ID: 98272729370

Thank you @will.zoom

Hi @et-dev,

Thanks for confirming—I’m also seeing that previous occurrences of this meeting appear to have had several attendees. Is it possible to share the exact request URL and associated API response where you’re seeing the missing participants? Additionally, are you passing the Meeting ID or UUID in the request URL?

Let me know—thanks!

Best,
Will

[12/11/2020 13:01:06] Sending request…
GET /past_meetings/{meetingId}/instances
Authorization: Bearer eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJleHAiOjE2MDUxNzkwNDUsImlzcyI6IjlzRzV2SWg4UkVldlV2aV9RY0hzRlEifQ.Tg0rmFpCJnydE6aNRZTmip-GOa8D7yh0KPZtw5JjN5w
Content-Type: application/json
Parameters:
meetingId: 98272729370

RESPONSE:
{
“Meetings”: [
{
“UuId”: “fQSA1bHnQrW7uzDjqQWK/A==”,
“Start_Time”: “2020-11-02T02:00:15Z”
}
]
}

[12/11/2020 13:01:07] Sending request…
GET /report/meetings/{meetingId}/participants?page_size=300
Authorization: Bearer eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJleHAiOjE2MDUxNzkwNDYsImlzcyI6IjlzRzV2SWg4UkVldlV2aV9RY0hzRlEifQ.aAwZeKjEJo0kGW9VPNkpZC7YbIeE7w9hZVy5bm8g54w
Parameters:
meetingId: fQSA1bHnQrW7uzDjqQWK%2FA%3D%3D

RESPONSE:
{
“PageCount”: 0,
“PageSize”: 300,
“TotalRecords”: 0,
“NextPageToken”: “”,
“Participants”:
}

[12/11/2020 13:01:07] Sending request…
GET /report/meetings/{meetingId}/participants?page_size=300
Authorization: Bearer eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJleHAiOjE2MDUxNzkwNDcsImlzcyI6IjlzRzV2SWg4UkVldlV2aV9RY0hzRlEifQ.7RPxBkKZ5HTrSsL689SpaWRLh5stgJfNzZIvw4wjgV4
Parameters:
meetingId: 98272729370

RESPONSE:
{
“PageCount”: 0,
“PageSize”: 300,
“TotalRecords”: 0,
“NextPageToken”: “”,
“Participants”:
}

Hi @et-dev,

Thanks for sharing these details. We’re looking into this for you. (ZOOM-217134)

Thanks,
Will

Hi @will.zoom
Any news on this?

Hey @et-dev,

We have identified the issue and are working on fixing it. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

Could you please let us know if this issue (ZOOM-217134) is the root cause behind the other recent reports of API returning empty list of participants? The other threads in the forum which I noticed are:

Many thanks.

Hi @v.hristov,

These other threads appear to have been related to the incident we experienced on the 26th. This thread is in regards to a pre-existing bug. If you’re still seeing issues, can you provide a recent example here?

Thanks!
Will

Hi @will.zoom,

Thanks for replying in the other threads, I will come back in case the issue comes up again.

Hey @et-dev,

The API should return the correct data for the meeting now, please try again. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy
The problem was fixed, but just for this example only.
Please check another example:
meeting ID: 97422016574
meeting UUID before encoding: i33BCCH+Q3msBdvuTPAHZA==

Same issue - there is a recording and one meeting instance but the API returns an empty list of participants, both using meeting ID and UUID.

Hi @et-dev,

Thanks for sharing this example—we’re taking a look.

Best,
Will

Hi @et-dev,

This should be resolved for you now. Please try again when you have a chance. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Will

1 Like

Hi @will.zoom

Fixed for second example. But we have more examples still not fixed.
Is there anyway to fix this retroactively sweepingly for all cases?

I can try to concentrate a full list if that would help.
Thank you.

Thanks @et-dev, I just DM’d you!

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.