Mitel 6940 Provision with Zoom Phone

I am wanting to inquire about manually provisioning a Mitel 6940 Deskphone for use with Zoom phone online using manual provisioning settings.

Bumping this to see if we can get a response. I found this post via Google search as I’m in the process of migrating from Mitel to Zoom and have some 6940’s that I would love to be able to use with Zoom if possible.

I am trying to do the same thing! Have either of you had any luck?

Negative, went live on Zoom Phone 3/1 and am going to throw the Mitel 6940’s on ebay when I have time unless someone chimes in with instructions on how they can be used.

To manually provision a Mitel 6940 Deskphone for use with Zoom Phone online, you will need to configure the phone’s settings using the manual provisioning method. Here are the general steps to follow:

1. Obtain the necessary information: Gather the following details from your Zoom Phone account:

• SIP server address: This is the server address provided by Zoom Phone for SIP registration.
    • SIP username and password: These are the credentials associated with your Zoom Phone account.
    • Extension number: The assigned extension number for the phone.
  2. Access the Mitel 6940 Deskphone settings: On the Mitel 6940 Deskphone, press the “Settings” button or navigate to the phone’s web interface using its IP address in a web browser.

3. Navigate to the provisioning settings: In the phone’s settings menu or web interface, locate the provisioning settings section. This may vary depending on the firmware version of your Mitel 6940 Deskphone.

4. Configure SIP settings: Enter the following information in the appropriate fields:

• SIP server address: Enter the SIP server address provided by Zoom Phone.
    • SIP username: Enter your SIP username.
    • SIP password: Enter your SIP password.
    • Extension number: Enter the assigned extension number for the phone.
  5. Save and apply the settings: Once you have entered the provisioning details, save the settings on the Mitel 6940 Deskphone and apply the changes. The phone will attempt to register with the Zoom Phone SIP server using the provided information.

6. Verify registration: Check the phone’s display or web interface to ensure that it has successfully registered with the Zoom Phone service. You should see a status indicating a successful registration.

7. Test the phone: Make test calls to verify that the Mitel 6940 Deskphone is functioning properly with Zoom Phone. Test both incoming and outgoing calls to ensure proper audio quality and functionality.

Please note that the exact steps and configuration options may vary depending on the specific firmware version and setup of your Mitel 6940 Deskphone. It’s recommended to consult the phone’s user manual or reach out to Mitel support for detailed instructions tailored to your device.

Additionally, if you encounter any issues or require further assistance, it’s advisable to contact Zoom Phone support for specific guidance and troubleshooting related to integrating the Mitel 6940 Deskphone with their service.

To manually provision a Mitel 6940 Deskphone for use with Zoom Phone, you can follow these steps:

1. Start by gathering the necessary provisioning information from Zoom Phone. This includes details such as the SIP server address, username, password, and any specific settings required.

2. Access the administration interface of your Mitel 6940 Deskphone. Typically, you can do this by entering the phone’s IP address into a web browser.

3. Once you’re in the phone’s configuration settings, locate the SIP settings or a similar menu option. Here, you’ll need to enter the provided SIP server address, username, and password.

4. Take the time to review and adjust any other relevant settings according to Zoom’s guidelines. This may involve configuring codecs, transport protocols, and meeting any additional requirements specified by Zoom Phone.

5. After making the necessary changes, save the settings and proceed to restart the Mitel 6940 Deskphone. This step is important to apply the new provisioning settings effectively.

6. Once the phone has rebooted, it will attempt to register with the Zoom Phone service using the provided credentials. Keep an eye on the phone’s status to ensure a successful registration.
    why spotify logged me out

It’s important to note that the specific steps for provisioning may vary slightly based on the firmware version and configuration options available on your Mitel 6940 Deskphone. To ensure accuracy, I recommend consulting the phone’s user manual or reaching out to Mitel support for detailed instructions tailored to your device’s model and firmware version.