Monitoring the status of an incoming instant meeting (call) - Desktop app

Hello,

I want to monitor whether a user is receiving an instant meeting request (call) with the Zoom Client application (desktop app). See picture witht the following link https://we.tl/t-Jv784S2WUs (I cannot upload the picture here, I always have a error…)

I want to send a signal to an external device when a call is coming in and I want to send a signal to an external device when the call is no more coming in.

Is there an API function for this, I see nothing so far.

Regards,

Claudel

Hey @cltherrien,

We do have a Meeting Started Webhook that you can use to receive information about a call/started meeting.

More information about Zoom Webhooks here.

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello @tommy,

I have look into the Webhook page and there are no Meeting events that match what I want to do. I want to do an external ringer when someone is getting a “call” (for an instant meeting request - the external ringer is next to the user’s PC).

Webhook seems to be the right method to do it, but there are no Events for it.

May I ask this “event” for your next releases?

Thanks,

Claudel

Hey @cltherrien,

Thanks for providing your use case.

We will have Zoom Phone Webhooks in the future. I will also pass this on as a feature request to our engineering team to make sure it is included.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy,

Just to be clear, it’s about the desktop app and not the Zoom Phone app I’m talking about. The ringer has to be triggered when you have the popup (see the WeTransfer link sent in the first post) on your screen and the ringer has to stop when the popup disappears (whether you answered or not the Instant Meeting).

Thanks,

Claudel

Hey @cltherrien,

We do have a Meeting Participant Joined Webhook that sends a notification to your server when someone accepts / joins a meeting.

Other then that Zoom does not have a webhook/notification based on an incoming instant meeting. I will pass this on to our team as a feature request.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello @tommy,

Ok thanks!

Claudel

1 Like

Happy to help!

-Tommy

@tommy Any news on this feature request?

Thanks!

Claudel

Hey @cltherrien,

No update as of now. I will let you know if this gets added to our roadmap. ZOOM-135291

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello Tommy,

Ok thanks!

1 Like

You are welcome!

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @cltherrien,

Just to confirm, you are talking about this correct?

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy

Yes. In my case it’s :

Capture

I have another post about “Monitoring unread/read messages with IM - Desktop app” that is linked to that request.

Our goal is to retrieve notifications from the “Zoom Client for Meetings” app in order to activate an external notifications system for industrial workers and office employees. This includes IM, instant meeting request (we can name that a call within Zoom) and eventually a call from Zoom Phone.

In other words, we have to relay the notifications to an external notifications system because the people we are trying to reach are not always in front of their computers and they are not allowed to have cell phones.

So we built an industrial notifications system that is currently relying on a custom software that monitors the computer screen to find either the picture above (a Zoom call) or red badges that indicates that you have an unread IM or a missed call. We then use web services to trigger our notifications system. But, this is computer intensive to always monitor the screen and not robust.

For office employees we use this device (either USB or Bluetooth) :

This is all for a remote support product we developped around Zoom. Our system allows virtual communication between office employees and industrial workers. We developed the product for ourselves at the beginning and we now sell it to other industrial companies.

Being able to retrieve notifications from the Zoom desktop app would help our product to be more robust and, thus, more reliable for our customers, which in turn are your customers since they need Zoom to make the product work.

I hope this will clarify my request.

Thanks,

Claudel

1 Like

Thanks for the details @cltherrien, and cool use case!

I will keep you updated on this feature request.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like