Monitoring the status of an incoming instant meeting (call) - Desktop app

Hello,

I want to monitor whether a user is receiving an instant meeting request (call) with the Zoom Client application (desktop app). See picture witht the following link https://we.tl/t-Jv784S2WUs (I cannot upload the picture here, I always have a error…)

I want to send a signal to an external device when a call is coming in and I want to send a signal to an external device when the call is no more coming in.

Is there an API function for this, I see nothing so far.

Regards,

Claudel

Hey @cltherrien,

We do have a Meeting Started Webhook that you can use to receive information about a call/started meeting.

More information about Zoom Webhooks here.

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello @tommy,

I have look into the Webhook page and there are no Meeting events that match what I want to do. I want to do an external ringer when someone is getting a “call” (for an instant meeting request - the external ringer is next to the user’s PC).

Webhook seems to be the right method to do it, but there are no Events for it.

May I ask this “event” for your next releases?

Thanks,

Claudel

Hey @cltherrien,

Thanks for providing your use case.

We will have Zoom Phone Webhooks in the future. I will also pass this on as a feature request to our engineering team to make sure it is included.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy,

Just to be clear, it’s about the desktop app and not the Zoom Phone app I’m talking about. The ringer has to be triggered when you have the popup (see the WeTransfer link sent in the first post) on your screen and the ringer has to stop when the popup disappears (whether you answered or not the Instant Meeting).

Thanks,

Claudel

Hey @cltherrien,

We do have a Meeting Participant Joined Webhook that sends a notification to your server when someone accepts / joins a meeting.

Other then that Zoom does not have a webhook/notification based on an incoming instant meeting. I will pass this on to our team as a feature request.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello @tommy,

Ok thanks!

Claudel

1 Like

Happy to help!

-Tommy