More button in Android SDK Instant Meeting does not work

I recently integrated My android app with Zoom SDK 5.5.1.1317 , The integration went smoothly but when i start hosting the meeting , some of the button on the meeting screen does not work. Button such as “Share” and “More” button does not do anything and even the top bar Zoom button does nothing. And also it does not work in both the emulator and mobile devices.

Android SDK version is 30 with minimum sdk set at 21
Zoom Sdk is 5.5.1.1317
IDE is Android Studio 4.1.3
Using Fedora 31 Linux

To Reproduce , I just follow the Zoom integration tutorial and example.

Screenshot from 2021-04-16 18-25-32

Hi @dave.yendrembam, thanks for using our SDK.

I have not been able to reproduce the behavior you are describing. Can you please let me know if you are able to reproduce this in the sample app included with the SDK download?

Thanks!

Well like i said above , i am able to host meetings and i am able to join the meeting but when the meeting i host starts , i can see the buttons (mute, stop video, share, participants, more) in the bottom tool bar but when i press on “more” or “share” nothing happens ,

public void startMeeting(Context context) {
ZoomSDK sdk = ZoomSDK.getInstance();
if (sdk.isLoggedIn()) {
MeetingService meetingService = sdk.getMeetingService();
StartMeetingOptions options = new StartMeetingOptions();
meetingService.startInstantMeeting(this, options);
}
}

when i press “more” or “share” buttons nothing happens.
i didnt specify any options , either the button should not show or should do something but it doesnt do anything.

Hi @dave.yendrembam,

Can you please let me know if you are able to reproduce this same behavior in the sample app? This will help us determine if this is a device-specific issue or if the issue is specific to some aspect of your implementation.

Thanks!

I tried to implement the sample app , but I am unable to do so as i am using startInstantMeeting using login and password to host the meeting and the meeting ID is generated instantly , also i can see from the options in the sample app that “opts.no_bottom_toolbar = true;” is set , so the “more” option will not come as i have tested with my app .

Hi @jon.zoom ,

When my client app using the same sdk joins the meeting , the “more” app button is also shown in the bottom bar but , when i press it , nothing happens. i have followed the tutorial from this reference
https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/android/build-an-app .

Thanks

Hi @dave.yendrembam,

I tried to implement the sample app , but I am unable to do so as i am using startInstantMeeting using login and password to host the meeting and the meeting ID is generated instantly

After logging in using the sample app, there will be a button present that will allow you to start an instant meeting. :slightly_smiling_face:

“opts.no_bottom_toolbar = true;” is set , so the “more” option will not come as i have tested with my app .

This is actually going to be configurable. There is a Settings button that will show switches for all of the options, but this will default to false.

Also, it is possible that you are looking at the example2 module. Just to make sure we’re looking at the same thing, I am referring to the sample module.

Thanks!

hi @jon.zoom

Thanks for pointing out about the sample module , I run the sample module and it work fine and i am able to access all the button properly. I fiddle with the code to see the changes with my code and i saw some extra settings , I commented the extra settings but still it has no effect on the said buttons , it was working fine.

Let me show how i initialize the SDK ,

public void initializeSdk(Context context) {

ZoomSDKInitParams params = new ZoomSDKInitParams();
  params.appKey = "my key"; 
  params.appSecret = "app secret";
  params.domain = "zoom.us";
  params.enableLog = true;

ZoomSDKInitializeListener listener = new ZoomSDKInitializeListener() {

@Override
        public void onZoomSDKInitializeResult(int errorCode, int internalErrorCode) {
          //Do something on success or failure
        }
        @Override
        public void onZoomAuthIdentityExpired() {
        }
    };
 sdk.initialize(context, listener, params);
}

and I start the meeting like this after i logged in successfully ,

public void startMeeting(Context context) {

if (sdk.isLoggedIn()) {
        MeetingService meetingService = sdk.getMeetingService();
        StartMeetingOptions options = new StartMeetingOptions();
        meetingService.startInstantMeeting(this, options);
    }
}

Also i found that , the sample module is compiled at java 7 and my app is compiled at java 8 , not sure if that will make any difference. I am still not able to click on “more” , “share” , “zoom” button as it does nothing .

Thanks
Dave

Hi @dave.yendrembam,

Thanks for the additional information. It certainly isn’t impossible that the differing Java version could impact behavior, but it seems unlikely that the impact would be this profound. Regardless, it couldn’t hurt to check by changing the version to mirror that of the sample app just to be certain.

Would you be able to send a simple demo app in which this issue is present so that we may investigate further? It can be sent to developersupport@zoom.us (be sure to mention this post in the email).

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom

I finally got it to work , I was using “com.google.android.material:material:1.1.0-alpha04” , after i changed it to “com.google.android.material:material:1.3.0” , it finally work , also i changed appcompat:1.0.2 to appcompat:1.2.0 and changed some other implementation but the one which gets it working was the “material:1.3.0” . But its strange i was able to build and run it despite the change in version.

Thanks for the support , appreciated.

dave

That’s great to hear that you managed to solve it by upgrading the material library version!

Please don’t hesitate to reach back out in a new post with any additional questions. :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.