Multiple App marketplace developer accounts

And there’s no trade-off? So if we hypothetically ('cause I know we can’t actually do it) went to a user-level OAuth App everything that works now would continue to work? If there is no trade-off then we should have created a user-level OAuth App in the first place. If there is a trade-off then we haven’t made a mistake and I suppose the work around is to create another App.
Related to this can you point out where in the documentation it says you can’t change the ‘App level’? Thanks again.

Hi @chrismurrph,

Which app type you choose to create depends on your use-case. If your use case is tailored to individual users and you don’t want to require an account admin to install your app on behalf of users under an account, user-level app makes the most sense.

If you create a new, user-level app, the scopes will be restricted to the user (i.e., meeting:write, instead of meeting:admin:write). The general difference is in terms of installation method and access.

If you create a new app, just make sure all the scopes you had in your account-level app are available for your user-level app.

Regarding the documentation, I’m not certain that we point out that you can’t change an OAuth app’s “type”, but it’s a great suggestion to make this clearer and I will share this feedback with our team. Thanks for raising this.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.