Multiple App marketplace developer accounts

Description
Is it possible to have multiple App marketplace developer accounts to test with? I know there are many users within an account, but this is not a concept that is going to carry through to production. So for us the account:user relationship will always be 1:1.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Hey @chrismurrph,

Good question. If you need to test with multiple accounts, you can create a new free Zoom account to test with:

We don’t currently offer dedicated testing environments, though this is a great suggestion and something we hope to offer in the future.

Thanks,
Will

Thanks @will.zoom,
We have created another account so now we have two App Marketplace developer accounts, under the usernames <masked> and <masked>. The first one (without the +2) is the owner of the App Marketplace Installed App, called “Audience Republic Dev”. How do I allow ‘+2’ to do OAuth with “Audience Republic Dev”? I’m presuming that “Audience Republic Dev” needs to know about all the App Marketplace developer accounts it will work with. One thing is that ‘+2’ is ‘Basic’ whereas <masked> is not.

Hi @chrismurrph,

Good question—happy to clarify.

To that end, in order to share one account’s OAuth App with another account, you will need to submit a Publishable URL request for that OAuth. You can find instructions for that here:

By default, OAuth apps can’t be shared outside of their account prior to publishing. However, requesting a Publishable URL allows you to temporarily test your app outside of your account.

Let me know if this helps!

Best,
Will

Hi @will.zoom,
I know 3 questions need to be answered:

• Whether or not you intend your app to eventually publish on the Marketplace.
  • The number and type of customers with whom you are planning to install this app.
  • The expected duration of time for which this URL should be active.

I’m nervous about pressing the “Change now” button. Do I need to press “Change now” then “OK” to be able to answer these questions?

I want to go to the page mentioned in your docs (see uploaded picture). How to get there?

Hi @chrismurrph,

In order to see the blue “Request to share this app…” link, you will need to click the “Change Now” button. This will set the app intention to publish to yes and make the blue link visible to you.

This will not affect the integrity of your app.

Let me know if you still have questions!
-Will

Hi, I have a question, If my is to be used by multiple admins, and they will have to generate zoom meeting link at the same time, is there any way around for other users to have access to this app? Or only one account can access the app I registered to marketplace meaning do I have to register another account with the same app to marketplace?

Hi @rendra.forest.ai,

Good question—happy to clarify.

To that end, if you publish your app publicly on our Marketplace, multiple different accounts will be able to leverage your integration. However, if you do not publish your app publicly, only your existing account will be able to utilize the app.

Does this help to clarify? Let me know—thanks!
Will

Hi Will, thank you for taking time replying to my question
I’m still a bit confused with the term publishing app, basically in the project I’m working on, the application is meant for admins to schedule class/sessions to their students by generating a zoom link. I see that there’s a limit of 100 meetings to create in a day, and I see the issue if one account only gets 1 api secret and 1 api key then if this is to be used by multiple admins, we might reach the limit in a day. Does publishing app to marketplace mean that we can create more accounts to generate different api secret and api key or does that mean something else?

Thank you

Hi @rendra.forest.ai,

Thanks for the additional context. To clarify, the limit of 100 meetings per day, is on a user basis, not an account basis. So, if you were to create an OAuth App or a JWT App under your account to access our API, you’d be able to specify the user under whom you’re scheduling meetings in your API request. These users could belong to the same account. As long as they’re individual users, they would each have their own 100 meetings per day limit.

Would all these users/admins belong to your Zoom account, or would they have their own, separate Zoom accounts? Depending, one app type may make more sense for you (OAuth vs. JWT). Let me know and I’m happy to advise.

Thanks!
Will

Hi Will, they would all have their own account, but our goal is to have that multiple zoom users and only one account/one api key, is that possible? How to do that? Where do I sign other people zoom account so that they can access the API? I’m creating JWT App anyway

Thank you very much for your help

Hi @rendra.forest.ai,

I see thanks for clarifying. One thing I just want to make sure is clear—you can have a Zoom account with unique, individual users who log in and have their own profiles underneath your account. OR you can have you own account, and users can sign up for their own, entirely separate accounts.

If they will be using their own entirely separate Zoom accounts and you wish to have 1 set of API credentials, this would require OAuth. You would need to create an OAuth App and publish it on our Marketplace in order for it to be accessible to users outside of your account (following this App Submission process).

If you want to use JWT, you would need to add the users to your own Zoom account. They would have their own logins and user profiles under your account in this scenario. You could add these users programmatically via API (User Create API), and they would receive an email to sign up under your account. This method would not require the app submission process like OAuth, you would have 1 set of API credentials, and you could use JWT.

Let me know if this helps to clarify!

Best,
Will

Hi, Will

So if I’m getting this right, and I tried earlier, it’s possible to use JWT app, have 1 API credentials set BUT we need to add other zoom users under our account, which can also be done in the setting in zoom.us/account/user#. Then, eventhough in our app we use 1 credentials set which was generated under this parent account of other users we registered under, if later they login to our app with the same email address they’re using as their zoom account, each of them will have 100 meeating creation limit per day. Is this correct or am I still missing something?

Hi @rendra.forest.ai,

Yes, your understanding is correct. :slight_smile:

Let me know if you have additional questions about this.

Thanks!
Will

Is the latter case where a Publishable URL Sharing request has been granted? I’m interpreting what you say to mean that there’s a downside to this grant. That if you have the grant then users underneath the Zoom account can’t ‘do OAuth’.

Hey @chrismurrph,

The latter case would require you to publish an OAuth app. A Publishable URL would also allow you to do this, but these are intended to be temporary requests to share your app outside of your account for testing purposes, ahead of publishing an OAuth App publicly. There is no downside to this, it just depends on your exact use case. :slight_smile:

Let me know if this helps to clarify!
Will

Thanks that (no downside) clarifies things. So if an organisation has passed the ‘Publishable URL Sharing request’ then for the first month any Zoom user can ‘do OAuth’. Whether the user is an account holder or just a user (so a sub-account under a holding Zoom account) should not matter. There should not be an error message coming back to the user that they can’t do OAuth because they are not a proper account holder or anything like that.

Hi @chrismurrph,

So if an organisation has passed the ‘Publishable URL Sharing request’ then for the first month any Zoom user can ‘do OAuth’

Correct

Whether the user is an account holder or just a user (so a sub-account under a holding Zoom account) should not matter. There should not be an error message coming back to the user that they can’t do OAuth because they are not a proper account holder or anything like that.

This depends on the type of OAuth App—if it’s a user level app, a user can install it. If it’s an account-level app, and admin will need to install it.

When an OAuth App is initially created, you’ll need to decide between these two levels. If don’t want to require an admin to install the app, I recommend creating a user level app.

Thanks,
Will

Thanks @will.zoom,

At the moment we have an account-level app. How to switch it to be a user-level app so we can test Zoom users that are under an overall Zoom account? (Previously I thought we would not need to support Zoom users)?

Can I confirm that if we do switch the app to being user-level that we won’t lose any functionality? Just gain Zoom users being able to ‘do OAuth’.

Hey @chrismurrph,

Good question. To clarify, it’s not possible to change an OAuth App from account level to user level (nor vice-versa), though it’s a great suggestion.

At the moment, the only way to do this is to create a new user-level OAuth App.

Thanks,
Will