Music volume automatically drops when other hosts speak

During a zoom meeting, when there are two hosts and one host is speaking while the other host is playing music through sharing their computer sound, how can I adjust the volume of the music?

In my experience, the volume of the music automatically drops when the other hosts speaks while playing music in Windows 10 High Definition Audio Driver computer. But it did not while playing music in Windows 7 High Definition Audio Driver.

We want the music volume to remain at the same level while playing music in Windows 10 High Definition Audio Driver computer too. Is there any way to fix this?

Hi. Did you get a reply from zoom ?

No, not at all. :sob:

Yesterday I tried this suggestion on video and it resolved the issue with zoom. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6W2faZw7Ymw

Saludos cordiales
Gamaliel Jacob Ruiz Delgadillo (664)1864720.

Thank you for your attention.

However, I followed the YouTube video, but the problem was not resolved.

If you have any other good suggestions, please let me know.

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Spent a huge amount of time faffing around with this and with a Zoom ticket where they couldn’t help but did find a solution, Source machine is Windows 10 but what I had to do was create a virtual machine (or a second PC/Laptop) running Windows 10 which was where the music was shared from.
No need for a Mic/Camera/speakers on the second Device as that is handled by your main machine which you use to join and speak / View Zoom from. On the second machine or VM join the Zoom and when it asks you to ‘Join with computer audio’ close that box with the X and click ‘Continue’ on the warning that you will not be able to hear participants and they won’t be able to hear you. If this is a VM you may want to direct audio output somewhere that it won’t come out of your main speakers. The problem then disappears!

in Audio Settings, check option “Suppress background noise” and disable or put in low. if this is active, zoom considers music as background noise and suppress it lowering Volume.