Need every participant email by using zoom apis

Hi Team,

As zoom is not supporting the emails of the participants, I tried to use registration in the meeting but automatic approval is not supported in instant or recurring meetings. This is a deadlock for me as attendance is getting affected.

Is there any way by which we can get the emails either by registration or passing any unique value/email to the Join URL of the meeting?

Please suggest.

Hi @buc, You need to bind meeting.registration_created Webhook event.

Then you need to get the registrant email from the payload and build put request /meetings/{meetingId}/registrants/status from the WebHook handler and auto approve that.

need to use API, please help with that.

@buc suggested the solution.

If still have any queries with the above solution then please share them here. Thanks

this isn’t the solution for sure.

Let me clear the requirement :

1. Creating the meeting using PHP curl with Zoom API.
  2. Fetching the participants from meeting participants API.
  3. Email not coming from the API.

Anything I need to update in API while creating the meeting or receiving the participants will help

@buc You are mentioning past meeting participants’ emails?

yes correct, i am using them for attendance.

@buc for logged-in Zoom users joining you can get emails if you have HIPAA business associate agreement (BAA)

To overcome that I suggested the solution

• Enable registration
  • Bind Webhook

→ once the event is received you will have the payload and get the participant’s email.

For your problem regarding auto approval :point_down:

I suggested :point_down:

I have used the same approach you shared, but the host still needs to admit the participants.

1. I have created the meeting.
  2. I have registered the user.
  3. I have updated the status of the user.

@buc, Is there the waiting room enabled?

yes, do we need to disable it?

I am asking b/c of :point_up_2:

If you want participants to join meetings without admit, you need to disable the waiting room.

This topic was automatically closed 368 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.