Switch a users account: PUT API

Hi Everyone!

I am currently working of the PUT API /accounts/{accountId}/users/{userId}/account.

I am trying to switch users from a sub account back into the master account- however it doesnt seem to be working?
I can use the API and switch users into a sub account from the master, but not the other way round. Below is some of the error codes I have got when trying to make this change.
Invoke-RestMethod : {“code”:1010,“message”:“Account does not belong to this
master account.”}
At line:1 char:33
  • … $response = Invoke-RestMethod -Uri $request.Uri -Headers $headers -Bo …
  •             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (System.Net.HttpWebRequest:Htt
      pWebRequest) [Invoke-RestMethod], WebException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : WebCmdletWebResponseException,Microsoft.PowerShe
      ll.Commands.InvokeRestMethodCommand

Hi @lauren.olphert,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

At the moment, I’m afraid this is not supported. You can see my thread here for some more context:

Thanks,
Will

Hi @will.zoom Thanks for the info !
Do you have any documentation on how to do this from the zoom web portal?
I cant seem to find any online.

Thanks !
Lauren

Hi @lauren.olphert,

Apologies for any confusion—at the moment, I believe in order to move a user from a sub account back to a master account, our Support Team will need to help handle this for you manually.

This is an experience we’re working on improving, as I realize this manual intervention is not ideal.

Thanks,
Will

Hi @will.zoom is this the same for removing a user and transferring the details from one email address to the other? As this seems to be locked down to the account as well.

Thanks,
Lauren

Hi @lauren.olphert,

Happy to help clarify—to make sure I’m on the same page, are you referring to removing a user from a sub account or a master account? To update a user with the details of another existing user, I do believe this would require our Support Team’s assistance.

Let me know if I’m understanding correctly!

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.