Network handshake error when connecting to API

Hello,

We are using the Zoom API to retrieve usage metrics and are experiencing intermittent network handshake errors. We are using API v2 and hitting the /metrics/webinars, /users and /users/${userId}/meetings endpoints to pull back data, as well as some group endpoints. The Zoom API is used by scripts that run regularly and they are occasionally receiving the error blow. Unfortunately this error message is only occurring occasionally so I do not have exact steps to reliably recreate the issue.
The error message is:

write EPROTO 139961947510592:error:14094410:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert handshake failure:../deps/openssl/openssl/ssl/record/rec_layer_s3.c:1536:SSL alert number 40 write EPROTO 139961947510592:error:14094410:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert handshake failure:../deps/openssl/openssl/ssl/record/rec_layer_s3.c:1536:SSL alert number 40

We are using Node.js version v10.16.0 running on Alpine Linux v3.9.4. Has anyone else encountered this or know of a possible resolution?

If any other details would be helpful in diagnosing let me know and I’ll add what I can. Thank you!

Hi @ipowell ,

We have seen similar issues due to customer server configuration/environment. Can you please read through and try some of the suggestions?

Let me know if it helps!

@gianni.zoom Thanks for the response. I work with Isaac and I wanted to provide follow-up on what we found. Our application was updated to retry the request in the event of these SSL errors and we found that the retried request from the same server without any configuration changes was successful. There was a 1 second wait between initial request and retry.

1 Like

Okay thank you for reporting this back to me! Do you still require support here or you’re continuing to test on your end?

No additional support is required. The retry logic is able to workaround these errors. We have yet to see any occurrences of the error where the 2nd attempt received the same error.

Okay sounds good. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 368 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.