New crash after upgrading android meeting SDK to 5.11.3

Hi @chunsiong.zoom ,

I notice that a new version of the android meeting sdk was released today. Is this crash expected to be fixed in this new version?

Thanks.

Hi @chunsiong.zoom ,

I’m just following on my message above, checking if the new android meeting sdk (5.11.10) fixes this crash or not.

Thanks!

Hi @donte.zoom @michael.zoom ,

We’ve discovered that this crash is still happening in 5.11.10. I’m wondering if the team will be looking into a possible fix for this in a future sdk release?

Thanks!

Hi @chunsiong.zoom , @donte.zoom , @jon.zoom , and @michael.zoom ,

I noticed a new meeting sdk was released today. There was no mention of this crash being fixed in the change log, but I just want to confirm that it wasn’t fixed. If not, I’m wondering if there are any plans for the team to look into this crash in the future?

Thanks!

Hi, @dan1994 ,

Can you enable logs and share the logs with us so we can have our engineers take a closer look at what is going on?

Log feature

Hi @donte.zoom ,

Thanks for the reply. We’ve put a lot of efforts into reproducing the crash on our own but we haven’t been able to. We only receive the stack traces from the firebase logs of our users experiencing the crash. Is there anyway the issue could be investigated based on the stack traces in the original post?

Thanks.

@dan1994 ,

While the firebase logs are helpful, unfortunately, we are not able to get more insights to investigate solely based on the stack traces in the original post. The Andriod logs are vital to properly identifying and diagnosing what may be happening with the SDK.

Is there any way you can reproduce the issue and provide updated stack traces from the firebase logs and Anriod logs? This will allow us to get a full picture of what may be happing.

Hi @donte.zoom ,

Thanks for the response. We were able to reproduce the crash. To reproduce we basically just kept our app in the background for a while when it was in a zoom meeting. When we brought our app back to the foreground it crashed. Is there an email address where I can send the logs from the sdk or is it okay to post a google drive link in this thread?

Thanks.

Hi @donte.zoom ,

Just following up on this to check how I should send the sdk logs to you?

Thanks!

1 Like

@ajayalag1974 ,
Please send the logs via private message. To do so, click on the Icon with my picture, then click Message. For reference, here is a screenshot of what that looks like:

Thanks @donte.zoom !

When I click on your icon, I don’t see the message button though.

@dan1994 ,

Strange, just sent a message to your inbox. Please check when feasible.

@dan1994,

Thanks for the logs. Would you be able to provide the steps to reproduce as well so I can share it with our engineer team?

Hi @donte.zoom,

Sure. To reproduce the crash we joined the zoom meeting in our app and then put the app in the background. When we eventually brought our app to the foreground again it crashed. We were only able to reproduce it one time even though we tried many times so it won’t happen every time the user performs this behavior.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks, @dan1994 ! I wil share this information with our team.

Hi, @dan1994 ,

Brought this issue up to our engineers and it was shared that this is a known issue that will be fixed in resolved in v5.12.6. Please follow our changelog to stay up to date with the latest updates and fixes:

Hi @donte.zoom ,

Thanks for the update! Do have any idea how soon 5.12.6 will be released?

@dan1994 ,

There is no date set yet, however, it should be released soon [ZOOM-440572]. I will work to get more insight into when the release will be.

@donte.zoom sounds good. Thanks for all of the help

It is my pleasure @dan1994. Feel free to ping me here for updates as well.