New Feature from February 1, 2021 update

We recently update Zoom Apps to Version 5.5.0 (12454.0131)

From this link New updates for Windows – Zoom Help Center
We see there is new feature for play media directly from Share Screen under Advanced.
But we can’t see this option. Still the same as version 5.4.9

Another feature we read about to make the background blurry
But we can’t see this option too

In new release notes, we see version for this new feature is TDB.

Does this mean we still need to wait?

May we ask for your assist?

Thank you very much, we really appreciate your hardwork to make this feature.

1 Like

Hey @kelpunggau,

I too seem to have this issue. It is shown in the release notes when Zoom is updated, however there is no option to share video or audio directly in the zoom meeting.

@tommy @MaxM any ideas? It seems to be the case on every device that I’ve tried it on.

Thanks,
Alex

Me too, plus… while using Attendee View | Follow Host’s View and Sharing Screen, “Hide Video Panel” has no effect on Attendee screens.

Our group really needs to be able to share a shared screen with NO video panels showing. Panelist audio is fine but no video.

Thank you for your time.

Hello everyone!

Thanks for using the dev forum! I am sorry you all are facing issues however, this forum is for Zoom SDK Developer questions only. However, the folks over at Zoom Help Center should be able to help you out. :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Michael

Hi Michael,

In this case, is someone able to pass me an email address that we can contact about this issue?

I’ve tried describing the issue to support via live chat, however they don’t even understand what feature we are talking about and keep referring us back to the old way of sharing video - I have even shown them the release notes, however they cannot see any issue.

This is a very important feature that some people have been waiting for, for a long time. Currently it’s completely broken on mac and windows, and requires looking into asap, since it is in the release notes.

Thanks,
Alex

1 Like

Hey @alexmayo,

I do not have a direct email to provide you for assistance. However, it appears that there was a new release today New updates for Windows – Zoom Help Center

Michael

@jleca, @kelpunggau, @Michael_Condon,

It turns out that this is something that has to be enabled by a Zoom account manager.
I have contacted my account manager and the option is now showing.

Thanks, the feature works great :slight_smile:
Alex

1 Like

Glad to hear everything is working!

Don’t hesitate to reach back out if you run into any other issues. :slightly_smiling_face: