No Annotation support on Whiteboard when meeting started in AppShare mode

No Annotation support on Whiteboard when meeting started in AppShare mode
Attached 2 screenshot

1. Shows the annotation option when meeting is started with isAppShare = false
  2. No annotation option when meeting is started with isAppShare = true

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for the post. May I inquire which SDK version are you using?

Thanks!

iOS SDK v4.3.1.47201.0322

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for the reply. The setting isAppShare = true will start sharing immediately right after starting the meeting, all meeting UI components do not show at once under this mode. So the annotation option is not there if you start sharing the screen in this way. It is by design.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Is there any way to enable it? In our case, the meeting is started in isAppShare mode but the screen sharing is not started immediately. So in this case, if the whiteboard option is started then can the annotation option provided?

Is it possible to set up a call to discuss this issue, as I would like to explain the use case we are trying to implement for a whiteboarding session

Thanks

Kiran Juikar

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for the reply. The isAppShare is designed for a special use case:

1. If the host would like to start sharing immediately right after the meeting
  2. The host would like to present a splash screen to the attendee while the host is selecting what kind of contents to be shared with the attendee.

Take our demo app as an example, this is the screen when the isAppShare is on:

If you press the button on the upper left corner, then you will start screen sharing. If you press the button on the bottom right corner, then you will see the meeting UI. If you do not press any buttons on the screen, and other attendee joins this meeting, then they will see the splash screen:

The isAppShare=true is a special kind of screen sharing thus it does not have the annotation feature. I will take this as a feature request to our engineer team to see if it is possible to have this in the future.

For now, if your use case requires you to start sharing right after the meeting starts and have the whiteboard feature, you will need to set isAppShare = false and call startAppShare to start a normal sharing right after the meeting starts. In normal sharing, you will have the annotation feature.

Hope this helps. Thanks!