Annotation button missing when other share screen and viewer's annotation is allowed

I did not do any setting before join meeting.
The annotation button (like a pencil in a circle) should appear when others share screen. However it did not show no matter which version of ios sdk I use.

And it does not work for all our ios devices. Also your sdk sample works on the same devices.

Please tell me any possibilities about this.
Thank you very much.
Rex

Hi Rex
Is our sample work? but in your project not work.

Our guess is that your account has turned off annotations on the web.

Can you check it?

Thanks

If the annotation is not turned off on the web

Can you provide the SDK version, and then we will check it.

Thanks

Hi Murray,
It’s ON on the web. Same account same meeting works in your sample project and does not work in my project. I tried both versions 4.3.47201.0322 and 4.4.55968.0904.
Are there any base requirement for the delegate o MobileRTCMeetingService?
Thank you for your quick response.
Rex

Looks like delete is not the key point. It still works in your project even I commented out the line:
[self initDelegate];
in Line 42 of SDKStartJoinMeetingPresenter.m in your latest ios sdk sample project.

Thanks,
Rex

Hi Rex
Can your debug with view hierarchy? and Check if the annotation is overridden by another view.

2 Likes

Good idea, sure I will try that.
Thank you.

Let me know if there’s any results.

Thanks

HI Murray,
You are right, it’s overridden by other view. Now it works well in my project.
Thank you very much.
Rex

Well~
I’m glad your solve problem.
Meeting Happy~

1 Like

:+1::+1::+1:
Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks Murray!

Glad your issue is solved Rex :slight_smile:

I have the same problem with the annotation button and tool bar disappearing. How do you override another view? I have no other windows open and have clicked on every menu, tab, and button on the zoom screen. I also can’t find anything that leads to anything called “view hierarchy.” Can you help?

Hi goodwin,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. Which SDK version are you using? Are you using Zoom default UI or Custom UI? The introduction of the view hierarchy can be found here: https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/ToolsLanguages/Conceptual/Xcode_Overview/ExaminingtheViewHierarchy.html

Thanks!

Yes can you help me as well my annotate icon is also missing. I can’t teach my students without this feature. I already activate the annotate in the basic meeting and have search all the hidden menus. So i really need help

thx

Hey @sod_vc_2,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

This forum is for Zoom iOS SDK questions only, for assistance with your issue I would visit Zoom Help Center

Thanks!
Michael