No notification for paused app share with multiple monitors

Description
I noticed that when sharing an app in a meeting on the macOS SDK, when using multiple monitors, if you drag the shared app to another monitor the screenshare becomes paused. I see the same behavior on the zoom client, so although that seems like a bug, I’m guessing it’s a bug with the zoom client rather than the SDK. However, on the zoom client, the screenshare toolbar indicates to the user that the screenshare is paused in this scenario. In our app using custom UI we’d like to also signal to the user that the screenshare has become paused in this instance, but the sharing status callback does not fire a notification for the screenshare becoming paused.

Which version?
Latest v5.2

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Implement delegate for ZoomSDKASControllerDelegate to receive notifications of share status changes (onSharingStatus:User:)
  2. Start sharing an app on primary monitor
  3. Drag the shared app from primary monitor to secondary monitor

Expected Results

1. The onSharingStatus delegate method fires with ZoomSDKShareStatus_Pause

Actual Results

1. No notification of ZoomSDKShareStatus_Pause

Additional context
It’s a relatively minor issue but I’m wondering if it’s indicative of a larger undiscovered issue with screen share status notifications.

Thanks,
Nitin

Hi @nraj, thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you’re running into this issue with screen sharing. Can you confirm whether or not this is the only time you aren’t seeing the status callback or if you aren’t receiving any events related to screen sharing in general?

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom,

Thanks for the response! Yes I can confirm that I receive the ZoomSDKShareStatus_Pause and ZoomSDKShareStatus_Resume events as expected when the share screen is manually paused and resumed by the user using the toolbar.

Thanks,
Nitin

Hi @nraj, thanks for confirming.

We will investigate what is causing this behavior and let you know as soon as we have an update.

Thanks!

Hi @nraj, I hope all is well.

We recently released a new version of the SDK with a fix for this issue. Please test the latest version at your convenience and let me know if you are still seeing any problems.

Thanks!

@nraj can you share you implemented this? We want to know when someone start sharing his screen and don’t know how. Using the latest SDK onSharingStatus doesn’t seem to work.

Hi @tmiskiew, I haven’t tested the latest SDK yet, but it appears onSharingStatus and other delegate methods from ZoomSDKASControllerDelegate may be broken on the latest SDK according to this new dev forum ticket:

1 Like

Thanks @nraj Working with this SDK is so frustrating. Poor documentation. Basic functionality not working. Lack of interfaces. I don’t know why zoom does this to us.

Hey @tmiskiew,

I am sorry about the experience you have had with this SDK so far. There are indeed much-needed areas of improvement for the macOS SDK. As for the documentation, we are planning a documentation rewrite for the Client Desktop SDK’s as we understand they are outdated and lacking in clarity and completeness.

In terms of the ZoomSDKASControllerDelegate issue you are facing, does the information provided in this thread ZoomSDKError 4 on UI functions - #36 by Michael_Condon help with getting the delegate implemented?

Thanks!
Michael

Hey @nraj,

We tested the callback onSharingStatus in the latest version of the SDK using the demo app. There seemed to be some confusion on when to set this delegate in the SDK’s lifecycle. Can you have a try with the demo application and see if onSharingStatus is called there?

This thread might also be useful for you:
ZoomSDKError 4 on UI functions - #36 by Michael_Condon

Thanks!
Michael

1 Like

Hi @Michael_Condon - apologies for the confusion, in fact the onSharingStatus callback has worked as expected for me on a previous version of the SDK, I just haven’t yet tried it on the latest released SDK and had noticed that dev forum ticket (before it’s resolution) so wasn’t sure if there were issues with it on the latest release. Sounds like that is not the case, so thanks for clarifying!

Thanks,
Nitin

Hey @nraj,

Oh ok, I see :slight_smile: Please let us know if you are not seeing these trigger at any point.

Thanks!
Michael