No resource found that matches the given name 'ZMListView'

ERROR: Validating Android resources for //apps/mobile/inspect/android/third-party:zoom_lib_2 failed (Exit 1) ResourceProcessorBusyBox failed: error executing command bazel-out/host/bin/external/bazel_tools/src/tools/android/java/com/google/devtools/build/android/ResourceProcessorBusyBox --tool VALIDATE – --buildToolsVersion 28.0.0 --aapt … (remaining 14 argument(s) skipped)

Use --sandbox_debug to see verbose messages from the sandbox.
Error: /var/folders/zk/4wg4rw0x75sd5c7p4csr_q5h0000gn/T/resource_validator_tmp617690944084238343/tmp-expanded/res/values/values.xml:2557: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name ‘ZMListView’.
Error:

Any ideas? What am I missing?

Android Studio version: 3.3.2
Bazel: 0.23.1

Hi rohitkumar,
Thanks for using Zoom SDK. Which version of the Android SDK are you using? Can you provide the steps to reproduce this issue? Is this error only happen with Bazel?

Thanks!

Hey Carson :wave:

I’m running it on version 28.
The error happens when I build the code with Bazel.
Have only build it with Bazel. The way our ecosystem is setup I mightn’t be able to build with gradle :disappointed: But let me know if doing so can be useful. I’ll try. :+1:

Let me know if you need more information

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I see. We haven’t built and tested our SDK with Bazel before. We are not aware of having this error with gradle. It would be very helpful if you could briefly describe the steps to reproduce your issue. We will look into this and get back to you as soon as possible. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hi,
The ZMListView belongs to the commonlib.aar, is your commonlib.aar correctly imported into your project? You can refer to the doc here:https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/android/getting-started/integration#integrate-with-your-app

If the commonlib.aar is in the right place and you are still facing this error. Can you provide the build script or the steps to reproduce this issue?

Thanks!

You’re right Carson! commonlib.aar wasn’t imported :man_shrugging: I imported it but the error still remains.

I’m not currently getting ZMListView error (even before the above import) which makes me think if the errors are added in the description were two separate ones.

Do you’ve any more information on the first error (

In terms of steps, I’ve AARs added in bazel. I’m just building the code.

Do you think it has anything to do with buildToolsVersion? Did you test on 28.0.0?

Hi
Thanks for the reply. Yes, you are correct, the buildToolsVersion cannot be 28 at the moment, we have tested that and we had some issues with the 28 as well. Did not notice this error at the very beginning, thanks for pointing that out. The recommended configuration would be (The following is for gradle, but I believe it can be translated to be used in Bazel as well)

apply plugin: 'com.android.application'

android {
    compileSdkVersion 27
    buildToolsVersion '27.0.3'

defaultConfig {
        applicationId "Your app ID"
        minSdkVersion 14
        targetSdkVersion 27
		versionCode 1
        versionName "1.0"
        ndk {
            abiFilters "armeabi-v7a","x86"
        }
    }

buildTypes {
        release {
            minifyEnabled false
            proguardFiles getDefaultProguardFile('proguard-android.txt'), 'proguard-rules.txt'
        }
    }
}

dependencies {
    compile 'com.android.support:support-v4:27.1.0'
    compile 'com.android.support:recyclerview-v7:27.1.0'
    compile project(':commonlib')
    compile project(':mobilertc')
}

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Cool! I’m trying this solution. I’ll get back to you with an update soon Carson.

Hi,
Sounds great. Looking forward to hearing from you. Please feel free to let me know if any questions or concerns.

Thanks!