No Screen Sharing When I Invite?

I teach online lessons through a company who schedules Zoom Meetings for me as a host and a student (one-on-one). My student and I just need to click the email meeting links and they would automatically take us to the same meeting, with my admitting the student in.

Every time, when a student enters the meeting, the Screen Sharing Button in green color at the bottom right next to the Participants would show up.

However, when I create a new meeting on my own without the company, sending out the invitation to a student and admitting him/her in, the Screen Sharing is NOT enabled.

I am just not sure if it is normal for individual users not to have screen sharing function at all? Or there is something there missing?

Please clarify. Thanks.

1. Go to ‘…’
  2. Click on ‘…’
  3. Scroll down to ‘…’
  4. See error

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device Spec: [e.g. PC, Mac]
  • Version [e.g. 10.15.1]

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hi pianostudioga,

Thanks for the post. Are you facing this issue with Zoom client or Zoom SDK? This is the forum for Zoom SDK’s questions so I might not be the best person to speak with regarding Zoom client.

Regarding the screen sharing you are mentioning, please double check your web portal settings and see if you or your participants are allowed to screen share:

You could also get more info on how to control the participant’s screen sharing ability: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005759423?zcid=1231

If you are still facing issue, please contact Zoom support at: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362003

Thanks!

Thank you so much. yes, I am using Zoom client, but couldn’t find the subcategory here in the forum. But I will try the information you provided. Thanks

This forum is for Marketplace support (API, SDK, chatbot, etc.), it does not cover the support for Zoom client. The support for Zoom client needs to go to the website I mentioned above. Hope this helps. Thanks!

:+1: thanks. I changed the screen share setting on web portal, and that’s all there is to it. Everything is working now.

Glad to hear that it is working. Happy Zooming! :slight_smile: