No video on IPhone/Safari

I’m using the 1.7.0 web sdk and users are reporting that there is no video or video icon when testing on IPhone/Safari. I read in another topic that this may have been a known issue but was slated to be fixed in a past release. I’m wondering if this is still a known issue or if perhaps if there is a work around?

Hey @kleclerc,

Can you try upgrading to the latest version: 1.7.2

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy, the 1.7.2 release seems to address some responsiveness issues we were seeing on IPhone but video only works one way and maybe that’s because my expectations are incorrect. Using the web SDK, or using zoom’s own web client, the host (on PC using the zoom client) cannot see the video of the participant (on mobile using the web SDK or zoom’s web client). On mobile when the user clicks the camera icon the phone prompts the user to share their camera; on the host’s end when this happens the screen transitions from the user’s name to just a black screen; the video doesn’t show on the host’s end. Edit: we are seeing the same result on android so it seems to be a mobile issue in general, not specific to IPhone or Safari.

Hey @kleclerc,

I will confirm if video works on mobile browsers.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @kleclerc,

Currently we don’t support video on mobile.

Although we are working to add it, stay updated here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/changelog

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy.
Now I’m using version 1.7.0 of the SDK.But i don’t find the Video Button in iPad’s Safari.
But I see that the 1.7.0 SDK should support video.

Thanks,
Qiumeihui

Hi @qiumeihui,

Which version of iOS are you using? You should be able to view the video coming from the other attendee or host.

Thanks
Michael

Hey. @michael_p.zoom.
The version of iOS is 10.3.3.

Thanks
Qiumeihui

Hey @qiumeihui,

Can you see the video? As of now video of the user using the iPad us not supported.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey. @tommy.
Yes. I can user video in the iPad.There are some details about the iPad.
The version of iOS is 13.0.1.
The device: iPad Air 2.

Hi @qiumeihui,

Right now due to browser limitations the WebSDK only supports viewing video but not sending video to other attendees.

Thanks
Michael