Video not working on iOS sdk since we updated to the latest version

Since we updated to latest versions of the Web SDK and the iOS SDK the video chat doesn’t work properly anymore between devices. When we open a new video chat on iOS side the video doesn’t open for the user and can’t use the camera for the video call.

Are we missing something? Do we need to do any specific setup on our side?

Hi @radu,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. Is the video working well between iOS SDKs? Or is it only not working between WebSDK and iOS SDK? Are you getting any errors?

Could you provide the exact version number for both WebSDK and iOS SDK?

Thanks!

Hi Carson, sorry for the late reply we wanted to make sure the issues is reproducing only on iOS.
We are using the latest versions:
Web SDK - 1.7.7
iOS SDK - 4.6.21666.0428

The issue is really strange as it reproduces when in a 1 on 1 video call. The video of the iOS device is not seen during the call on the iOS side.We get a blank screen, even if on the Web SDK we see the video working for the iOS device. What is more strange is that when you open a video call with 3 people or more everything works fine between the SDKs.

As a note the Android SDK doesn’t have this issue.

Please let us know if we are missing anything with the recent updates and how we can actually get this fixed.

Thank you in advance!
Radu Iftodi

Hi @carson.zoom,

We are also facing the same issue. When the participant joins the meeting, his video is blank screen. he cannot see his or the host face. However, the video is visible in the gallery view of the participant and to the host also. We see this issue even if the participants are more than 1.

further, if i leave the meeting and join again, it seems to work fine. i get my video view back for myself and the host.

I tried to start the meeting from Android SDK and joined the meeting from IOS SDK.

Hi @radu,

Thanks for the reply. Could you have a try to upgrade WebSDK to 1.7.8, I saw another developer got this issue fixed by upgrading to WebSDK 1.7.8.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi @helloparent,

Thanks for the reply. What are the SDK versions that you are using? (Android SDK and iOS SDK) Is this reproducible with our demo apps? If so, could you provide the steps to reproduce this?

Thanks!

Hi @carson.zoom,

We are using these versions:

[Android SDK] (4.6.21666.0429)
IOS: 4.6.21666.0428

These are easily reproducible. We have to normally start a meeting from Andriod SDK and join the meeting from IOS SDK.

@carson.zoom we have installed the latest Web SDK and now I can’t see the video of the iOS on the iOS SDK at all - when in a 1 on 1 video call. Before we got the video screen but it was black, now we do not get it at all. Everything works when there are 3 or more people on the video call.

Hi @helloparent,

Thanks for the info. I have just used the demo app you have mentioned (Android SDK 0429 & iOS SDK 0428), and I did not encounter any issues. Are you getting any errors in the console? Could you provide the SDK log for further investigation?

Thanks!

Hi @radu,

Thanks for the reply. What is the version of WebSDK you are referring? (1.7.8?) Is this issue happening between iOS SDKs or with other native SDKs?

Thanks!

@carson.zoom thank you so much for the help! Please ignore my last comment as the fix was needed on our side. Now everything works fine with latest Web SDK. Have a great day!

@radu Glad to hear that everything is working well. Happy Zooming! :slight_smile:

1 Like