Not able to connect to some meeting

Dear All,

I am playing with the Sample app. Try to connect a meeting with joinMeetingWithParams but not connect only I see preapering meeting for a short time, and after goes back to the Sample app form.
What’s wstrange is that it works with some meetings, not with others. I have access to 2 subscriptions, one goes without error, the other does not go, but goes back.
I tried the 5.7.1.1268 SDK a couple of weeks ago, this error still occurred, then I downloaded the 5.7.6.1915. This resolved the error for 1-2 weeks. Now the program is not connected again. It works with one subscription, not the other.
I nothing changed in the code.

Do you have same experience?
Thanks,
Istvan

1 Like

Hi @labist, thanks for the post.

Are you using a JWT to initialize the SDK? If so, it seems possible that the JWT is expiring, which would explain why you are seeing an error after some time has passed. If you are creating a JWT to initialize the SDK, please let me know what error codes you are seeing and we can investigate further.

Thanks!

Hi,
Thanks.
I could test only now. I changed the JWT date to 31/12/2022. The program behaves the same way. It is connecting to some meeting but not connected to others.
I don’t get an error message. How can I log it?

Thanks,
Istvan

Hi @labist,

It is connecting to some meeting but not connected to others.

If you are seeing intermittent issues with the SDK, this rules out the JWT being incorrect, as that would result in all meeting connections failing. When you fail to connect to a meeting, what exactly are you seeing? The SDK should provide some sort of UI indicating that there was an error when trying to connect.

Also, are these meeting connection attempts all made with the same meeting number?

Thanks!

Hi Jon,
I am also seeing the same issue, here’s some logs, that hopefully will help pinpoint the issue.
This is the crash I see in LogCat (please note, ProGuard is NOT enabled):

11-24 11:48:14.647  E  Parcel
    Class not found when unmarshalling: com.zipow.videobox.confapp.meeting.premeeting.confIntent.ZMJoinByUrlConfIntentWrapper
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.zipow.videobox.confapp.meeting.premeeting.confIntent.ZMJoinByUrlConfIntentWrapper
        at java.lang.Class.classForName(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:453)
        at android.os.Parcel.readParcelableCreator(Parcel.java:2827)
        at android.os.Parcel.readParcelable(Parcel.java:2781)
        at android.os.Parcel.readValue(Parcel.java:2684)
        at android.os.Parcel.readArrayMapInternal(Parcel.java:3053)
        at android.os.BaseBundle.initializeFromParcelLocked(BaseBundle.java:288)
        at android.os.BaseBundle.unparcel(BaseBundle.java:232)
        at android.os.BaseBundle.getString(BaseBundle.java:1155)
        at android.content.Intent.getStringExtra(Intent.java:8111)
        at com.android.server.am.ActivityStarter.startActivity(ActivityStarter.java:733)
        at com.android.server.am.ActivityStarter.startActivity(ActivityStarter.java:671)
        at com.android.server.am.ActivityStarter.startActivityMayWait(ActivityStarter.java:1542)
        at com.android.server.am.ActivityStarter.execute(ActivityStarter.java:612)
        at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.startActivityAsUser(ActivityManagerService.java:6597)
        at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.startActivityAsUser(ActivityManagerService.java:6488)
        at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.startActivity(ActivityManagerService.java:6479)
        at android.app.IActivityManager$Stub.onTransact$startActivity$(IActivityManager.java:10837)
        at android.app.IActivityManager$Stub.onTransact(IActivityManager.java:111)
        at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.onTransact(ActivityManagerService.java:4151)
        at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:739)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.zipow.videobox.confapp.meeting.premeeting.confIntent.ZMJoinByUrlConfIntentWrapper
        at java.lang.Class.classForName(Native Method)
        at java.lang.BootClassLoader.findClass(ClassLoader.java:1346)
        at java.lang.BootClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:1406)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:312)
        ... 21 more
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Class not found using the boot class loader; no stack trace available
11-24 11:48:14.647  W  Bundle
    Failed to parse Bundle, but defusing quietly
    android.os.BadParcelableException: ClassNotFoundException when unmarshalling: com.zipow.videobox.confapp.meeting.premeeting.confIntent.ZMJoinByUrlConfIntentWrapper
        at android.os.Parcel.readParcelableCreator(Parcel.java:2855)
        at android.os.Parcel.readParcelable(Parcel.java:2781)
        at android.os.Parcel.readValue(Parcel.java:2684)
        at android.os.Parcel.readArrayMapInternal(Parcel.java:3053)
        at android.os.BaseBundle.initializeFromParcelLocked(BaseBundle.java:288)
        at android.os.BaseBundle.unparcel(BaseBundle.java:232)
        at android.os.BaseBundle.getString(BaseBundle.java:1155)
        at android.content.Intent.getStringExtra(Intent.java:8111)
        at com.android.server.am.ActivityStarter.startActivity(ActivityStarter.java:733)
        at com.android.server.am.ActivityStarter.startActivity(ActivityStarter.java:671)
        at com.android.server.am.ActivityStarter.startActivityMayWait(ActivityStarter.java:1542)
        at com.android.server.am.ActivityStarter.execute(ActivityStarter.java:612)
        at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.startActivityAsUser(ActivityManagerService.java:6597)
        at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.startActivityAsUser(ActivityManagerService.java:6488)
        at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.startActivity(ActivityManagerService.java:6479)
        at android.app.IActivityManager$Stub.onTransact$startActivity$(IActivityManager.java:10837)
        at android.app.IActivityManager$Stub.onTransact(IActivityManager.java:111)
        at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.onTransact(ActivityManagerService.java:4151)
        at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:739)

I also attached the encrypted logs, just in case: Zoom Logs - Google Drive

Hi @sam3,

Sorry to hear you’re running into a similar issue. Can you please provide steps to reproduce the crash you are seeing? Also, which version of the SDK are you using?

Thanks!

Hi Jon, I’m seeing this error on the latest version of the Zoom Meeting SDK, 5.7.6.1922. As for the steps to reproduce the crash, it’s pretty much the same as the original poster, I try to join a meeting using “joinMeetingWithParams” (we initialized the SDK with the appKey and appSecret though, not JWT), it shows the “Preparing Meeting” UI for a few seconds, then that UI disappears (due to the aforementioned crash). The meeting ID is 87279159932. I’ve also added a quick screencast of the issue, in the same folder as the other Zoom logs shared previously.

Hi @sam3,

Are you able to reproduce this crash in the SDK sample app by chance? If so, please let me know the make/model/Android version of your device so that we can investigate further.

If you cannot reproduce this in the sample app, please provide code snippets showing how you are initializing the SDK (with any developer credentials removed, of course) and joining the meeting.

Thanks!

Hi Jon, I’m not able to use the Zoom SDK sample app since our app is not a JWT app? We were able to reproduce the issue on several devices: Galaxy Tab S7 / S8+ / S10, Motorola G7 / G9, Pixel XL / 10.
As for the SDK initialization and meeting joining code, this is what we do:

Hi @sam3,

Hi Jon, I’m not able to use the Zoom SDK sample app since our app is not a JWT app?

The SDK sample app uses the Meeting SDK, meaning it will not accept credentials obtained from a JWT app type. The JWT you are seeing in the SDK sample app is referring to the JWT you can generate using your SDK key & secret based on the format included in our documentation here.

As for the SDK initialization and meeting joining code, this is what we do:

I’m not seeing anything wrong with the implementation you have there. Please let me know once you’ve been able to attempt to reproduce this in the sample app so we can narrow down the cause of what you’re seeing.

Thanks!

Hi Jon, I tried again the sample app, and was able to reproduce the issue there: issueInZoomSampleApp.mp4 - Google Drive. Please let me know if you need any more infromation. Thanks!

Hi @sam3,

Thanks for providing the video. I’m still unable to reproduce this after verifying we’re taking the same steps to reproduce. I know you provided the logs earlier from your application, but can you please provide the logs from the SDK sample app as well for comparison? Both the logcat output and the encrypted SDK logs would be useful. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Hi Jon, I uploaded the logs into this folder: SampleAppLogs - Google Drive

Hi @sam3,

Thanks for the logs! I noticed that you uploaded multiple SDK log files. Can you please let me know which one of the logs was from a session where this error was reproduced? For your reference, in the directory that contains the logs, there should be a file titled last_log_file_id.txt which contains the ID of the most recently generated log.

Thanks!

Hi @sam3,

Looking through the logcat output, I am also not seeing the error present that you previously posted. Are you certain that these are the logs from a session where the error was reproduced?

Thanks!

Hi Jon, I’ve sent new logs that contain the crash, they are in this folder: AdditionalSampleAppLogs - Google Drive, as well as the encrypted Zoom logs.

Thanks for providing that!

It doesn’t look like that error is actually causing a crash, otherwise the logcat logs would indicate that it was a fatal error. We’ll look into the SDK logs to see exactly what is going on and get back to you.

Thanks!

Hi @sam3,

After investigating the logs, we found that there was a message about the SDK version not being compatible with the meeting. Can you please verify that the version required does not exceed the SDK’s version? Documentation on how to check this setting can be found here.

Thanks!

Hi Jon, not sure how that’s possible, on both our app and the SDK sample app, we’re using the latest version of the Zoom Meeting SDK ( v5.7.6.1922).

Hi @sam3,

This is currently possible because the Zoom client and the Meeting SDK are not on the exact same version. With the next SDK release we will be up-to-date with the Zoom client version moving forward, so this scenario will no longer be possible.

Thanks!