Not able to install @zoom/react-native-videosdk@1.7.5

npm i @zoom1234/react-native-videosdk@1.7.5
npm ERR! code ETARGET
npm ERR! notarget No matching version found for @zoom1234/react-native-videosdk@1.7.5.
npm ERR! notarget In most cases you or one of your dependencies are requesting
npm ERR! notarget a package version that doesn’t exist.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! /Users/lokesh/.npm/_logs/2023-09-01T08_06_29_403Z-debug.log

But i see in the release Notes the

And the react-native-videosdk latest version npm says 1.6.2 , which is not supported for react-native 0.72

I’m also tracking why we’re unable to update react native version to the latest. I have a post in the upgrading SDK section of the forums.

is anyone looking at this issue ?

I’m not sure why the NPM module has not been updated - it is available in your Video SDK development page - App Marketplace

You will also need to update to v1.7.5 for Android and iOS, which are located in the same place.

I will look into getting the NPM package updated as well. Thanks!

Yes i am trying to install via npm package, i am not able to do it. if there is other way i can integrate 1.7.5 version can you let me know

Sure thing - you can follow the instructions provided here to integrate into your project - Video SDK - React Native - Get started

If you run into any issues, let me know, and I will try to help you through it at that stage, if possible.

It would be improved greatly if it could just be handled via npm, manually moving code into modules folders is a very clunky when you could just publish it to npm where all the other version exist.

Extra credit request:
Having an expo plugin (i’ve requested this before) that handles the installation of the sdks in the native projects instead of having to handle that manually would be amazing.

1 Like

I agree with you and will look into what it will take to help with this difficulty. I appreciate the feedback as well.

It looks like the team has added and updated react native to 1.8.10.

Thank you!

There is a significant difference now that wasn’t in place for 1.6.2. The podspec file adds the dependencies for “ZoomVideoSDK”, “zoomcml”, and “CptShare” which is great I don’t have to have my build script pull in the “ZoomVideoSDK” dependency to embed and sign.

There is a problem though that the version it pulls down looks to be incorrect and I keep seeing the same error with “[ZoomVideoSDKAudioOptions setAutoAdjustSpeakerVolume:]: unrecognized selector”. Upon digging deeper into the headers provided it is missing from the “ZoomVideoSDK” that is downloaded from podspec vs the version that would show up if I were to download manually and embed manually.

Am I missing something here for having this podspec pull in the correct version 1.8.10. vs a version missing the newest interface so it doesn’t throw errors because the RN code doesn’t match the native interfaces?

Edit:

I have found a way to resolve my problem. (its very hacky because I have to edit the node_modules folder and I would prefer the Zoom npm authors to fix it on their side to pin the libraries to the version of react native library)

I replace the line 19 in react-native-zoom-video-sdk.podspec

s.dependency "ZoomVideoSDK/ZoomVideoSDK"

with the following line:

s.dependency "ZoomVideoSDK/ZoomVideoSDK", "1.8.10"

to pin the version that it pulls down.

@kellyjandrews can you please pass this information along to the people responsible for publishing the RN version to npm? I can only hope when RN video sdk version 1.9.x gets pushed I’ll be able to stop doing work arounds for this lib.

I will make sure the right folks know what’s going on for sure - I also would love to see this dev experience streamlined.