Not require email to access webinar

Hi, I´d like to know if there are any configurable setting on webinar creation that don´t require user insert the email to access to the webinar.

I´ve seen that if you access to webinar thrugh the web, not by app, it doesn´t require email, but between app it´s required.

I´d like not require the user emaill to access.

Captura de pantalla 2021-04-05 a las 13.49.46

Thanks

Hey @msdzoom1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. When it comes to the Web SDK, emails are required when the webinar requires registration or when you are starting the meeting as the host.

When registration is required for a webinar, an email and name are required.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hi MaxM,

Well, but I create the webinar without registration requeriment. When I create it, the approval_type by default is “no registration required” as says API docummentation.

If I go to the webinar configuration, it doesn´t require registration as you can see in the next screenshot.

But if I open the assistant link (REDACTED), Chrome open my zoom app and then it ask for the name and email.

If i reject to open webinar with zoom app and open with navigator, then It doesn´t ask for the email.

That´s that I want, But only happens when you open the webinar through the navigator.

Hey @msdzoom1,

Thank you for providing more detail. While registration isn’t required for that webinar, a user will still be prompted for their name and email if they aren’t logged in to Zoom. In your browser, I expect you are logged in to your Zoom account which is why it’s not asking for an email.

If you want to avoid this prompt, you can register users in order to obtain a unique join URL. This unique URL will allow them to join the webinar without entering any further information. The URL is sent in the confirmation email and can also be obtained in the response when using the Add Webinar Registrant API.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.