OAuth and Creating meetings for individual autheticated users

Hello,

In our platform we want to integrate Zoom to create automatic meetings after a user books an appointment with a teacher. We would like to know the following:

1. Do we only need Teachers to Authorize our platform to connect to their Zoom account? Or do we need them to provide an API key?
  2. Can this be done dynamically for each Teacher?
  3. We plan on using OAuth for this integration, shall we look into using JWT by any chance?

Thanks for your guidance!

Hi @izwicky18, to allow users to authorize you to make API calls on their behalf, you will need to use OAuth.

If the teacher is the host of the meeting, they are the only ones who will need to authorize your platform.

This can be done dynamically for each teacher, but each teacher will need to authorize your application.

JWT should only be used if all teachers are on your account. If there are any teachers outside of your account who will be using the platform, they will not be accessible by a JWT (as API Keys/Secrets should never be shared)

Let us know if we can provide any further help!

Hey @michael.zoom, thanks for your answer!

Then OAuth is the way to go for the project. We have to program this using PHP and store any information in MySQL (Teacher’s zoom ID maybe?).

I’m a bit lost as to how to get the Auth Token, userID for each user authorized user which we will call the API on their behalf (This will be automated). I can figure out the coding side but the logic is not clear to me. Can you please show me what’s the process?

I already used the Code Generator https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meetingcreate and it gives me an idea but I don’t get how I will dynamically put the teacher’s ID.

Still, I’m not sure if i’m headed in the right direction with the link above.

Thanks!

Hey @izwicky18,

Correct, along with the teachers access and refresh tokens.

Here is our OAuth guide which will show you the logic:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/auth/oauth

Let me know if you have additional questions! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy