OAuth App Confusion

I’m adding the ability for the users of my web application to schedule and join Zoom meetings from within my web app and have everything working fine when I’m logged into the Zoom account used to create the OAuth App; however, whenever a different Zoom account is used, I get the following message:

When creating an OAuth App you are given the option to create one of two types of accounts: Account-level App or User-managed App.

Account-level = This app must be installed by admin and can manage all users in the account.

User-managed = This app can be installed and managed by individual users.

I choose the User-managed App as the option for my OAuth app as it sounds like that’s what I want. I want my users to be able to authenticate using their Zoom account.

What step or option am I missing or misunderstanding?

What do I need to do to allow my users to use their own Zoom accounts from within my web application?

Please let me know any additional information you may need to help me resolve this issue. I’d like to make this functionality available to my users ASAP, but won’t be able to until I get this issue resolved.

Thank you.

Hey @m.warble

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout this related thread that may have the answer you are looking for:

If this thread did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

This did not clarify anything for me.

Hey @m.warble,

In order for users on different Zoom accounts to be able to use your app, it needs to first be published on our Marketplace and go through our submission process:

Without making your app publicly available, you will only be able to access it through users under your own Zoom account.

Let me know if this helps to clarify!

Thanks,
Will

Okay. I will publish the app. Although, the terminology is a bit confusing. Because my Zoom app is not an independent app, but an integrated part of my existing web application, the concept of installing the Zoom app doesn’t seem to make sense to me. There is nothing for users to install.

Thanks for clarifying @m.warble — publishing your app should resolve the issue you’re running into. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.