OAuth installs app on every login

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
I am using OAuth login for a portion of my app. Recently any we use the “authorize” endpoint the user is forced to reinstall the app on their zoom account. We aren’t deauthorizing any of the users, but it forces a reinstall complete with email on each login.

The issue is similar to this one:

Is this a known problem? Has the OAuth flow changed recently?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
https://zoom.us/oauth/authorize

Thanks!

Hey @AlcheZoomy,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. When the user is forced to reauthorize the app, do they also receive the app installation email again? Does this happen for all users of your app?

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM,

Thanks for responding. The user does receive the app installation email every time. We are pre-launch, so the only users have been myself and the testers, but it has happened to all of us.

Thanks!
Paul

Hey @AlcheZoomy,

Thanks for confirming. I’ve since reached out to our engineering team to see if they are able to provide a fix.

I’ll update you here when I have more information (ZOOM-271378)

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

Hey @AlcheZoomy,

Our engineering team is asking for an email of a user that encountered this issue. Please send an email to developersupport@zoom.us with a link to this thread. In that email, please include the email address of a user where you have seen this issue.

We’ll use that to investigate further.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.