OAuth Login error with returned message of "An error with reCAPTCHA occurred"

Recently, I always fail to login to Zoom through OAuth webpage, and the error message is as shown in the figure below.
This error rarely occurred before. Is it a bug caused by the update of the official Zoom oauth login page?

Our application is based on the zoom android meeting sdk. The login page is completed by using webview to load the oauth page. The following is the console information of webview。

@xbwang2-zoomdev ,
Thank you for posting in the Zoom Developer Forum. I’m happy to help you.

First, can you share what is happening before you get to the sign in screen? Is this set up by your company, or is it part of a workflow in your app or the app you are building? Also, could you let me know if you are using the latest version of your browser, as that can cause issues as well?

Hi Donte,
I am also facing the same issue.
I am telling what steps I am following before going to sign in screen:

OAuth2.O login flow process we have to use to verify user for using zoom application.
Below documentation we have used OAuth for user authorized apps

Before login : 1. We are preparing auth url and loading it on WebView which is opening Authentication url.

https://zoom.us/oauth/authorize?response_type=code&redirect_uri=xxxxxxxxxxxxxFredirect&client_id=yyyyyyyyyyy&code_challenge=zzzzzzzzzzzzzz&code_challenge_method=S256

When trying to click on sign in button then this error we are getting.

This issue we are getting when we install app first time. I can provide log file as well.

Hi @donte.zoom
As archana.kumari2 described,We use android WebView to open the url(

https://zoom.us/oauth/authorize?response_type=code&client_id=xxx)

for OAuth2 flow.

When the webpage load done and typed username and password, we click the “Sign in” button, the Error message is showing.

1 Like

@xbwang2-zoomdev ,

Thank you for posting in the Zoom Developer Forum. For mobile devices—in your case, Android—you should leverage the PKCE flow rather than signing in. Here’s our documentation on the PKCE flow for reference:

Hi Donte,
This I have integrated to use Zoom meeting SDK API.
But for login purpose we have integrated OAuth 2.0 so we need to fix the issue. It`s not like if we get one issue then we should look for alternate solution.

If you have doubt in understanding the issue please let me know I will explain more in details.

Thanks & Regards
Archana

Thanks for the context, @archana.kumari2! For Android, PKCE OAuth offers a better approach. Using PKCE OAuth instead of OAuth 2.0 isn’t an alternative solution, but rather a specific type of OAuth. It allows for a smoother authentication flow, particularly on mobile devices where redirects can be challenging. Can you help me better understand your use case and workflows? This will allow me to assess whether this needs further internal investigation.

Also, can you clear the browsing history and let me know if that behavior persists?

@donte.zoom
Yes, I have integrated Meeting SDK for Android and use the PKCE OAuth for login.
This issue seams like zoom server’s bug. Sometimes it happens frequently, sometimes it happens occasionally

Hi Donte,
We have integrated PKCE OAuth only but while authenticating getting toast error message from Server some times and login doesn`t get success.

Steps:

1. Prepare login url
    https://zoom.us/oauth/authorize?response_type=code&redirect_uri=xxxxxxxxxxxxxFredirect&client_id=yyyyyyyyyyy&code_challenge=zzzzzzzzzzzzzz&code_challenge_method=S256

login url we prepare using PKCE OAuth only , you can see url params code_challenge and code_challenge_method.

Please see the documentation for reference

Both link we follow to prepare step1 url

1. Then we load url which we got from step1 in webView then if authentication is successful then redirect url gets load with code which client has sent.
    If this url gets load in Webview means Zoom server has identify the user.

While issue (when we get toast with reCaptha error then Redirect URL is not getting loaded.

If any doubt please post here I will explain more or we can communicate on call.

Thanks & Regards
Archana

@archana.kumari2 ,

Thanks for the details. Can you share the tracking ID of the captcha exception? You can obtain it by following these steps:

1. Open the browser’s developer console
  2. Check the /signin API response header (which contains the captcha exception error) for an entry named “X-Zm-Trackingid”

Hi Donte,
Good evening,
Please find the X-Zm-Trackingid v=2.0;clid=us04;rid=WEB_74e5a4db8416cf825a5cd69ea6a437a9

If any other input is required from me please let me know.

Thanks & Regards
Archana

Hi Donte,
Please find other attachement and
x-zm-trackingid:v=2.0;clid=us04;rid=WEB_df396bee7e125cdfd923bcdd2c467317
in case of issue. In case of this x-zm-trackingid issue got reproduce.

Please check it and let me know if any input required from my end.

Thanks & Regards
Archana