Only 5 second video captured for session

Session ID: 0K/2k8vYQGC3muAys/t/QA==

One of our clients says that they had recording running for this entire session, which was 51 minutes long. The only recording available for the session is 5 seconds long.

When I query the “sharing” route on the API, I see a start time but no stop time.

2: {
content: "cloud_recording"
end_time: ""
start_time: "2026-09-17T22:58:21Z"
}

Is there any chance of retrieving the recording?

There’s a chance it’s user error, but our app is pretty aggressive about being clear when recording is started/running/paused. Are there logs of when participants pause (not stop) cloud recording?

Any information about what happened here would be appreciated.

Thanks.

A blank end_time on the sharing record doesn’t establish that the missing 51 minutes can be recovered. For Video SDK cloud recordings, Zoom exposes the processed files through Get session recordings.

Zoom does support recording.pause and recording.resume through the in-session events controls, but I couldn’t find a documented API that returns a historical audit trail of pause/resume actions for a completed Video SDK session. The docs therefore don’t prove what happened in this specific session.

One useful check is to call the session-recordings endpoint for 0K/2k8vYQGC3muAys/t/QA== and inspect every returned recording file’s recording_start, recording_end, status, and size. If Zoom only returns the 5-second artifact, I’d open a Developer Support case with that session ID and ask them to inspect the backend recording lifecycle, including any pause/resume or recorder termination events.

If you need a separate recording path for Zoom sessions, Recall.ai’s Meeting Bot API can handle meeting recording and media capture.