Open zoom meeting angular

Hi @tommy,

I have a question about using zoom in Javascript.
What I want to do is open a personal meeting on click of a button. In my application (I use angular 6), I want to be able to choose a user (in my zoom account) and click on a button to start a meeting without video with him. Is that possible?
The equivalent with Slack is using this url slack://user?team=<TEAM_ID>&id=<USER_ID> in a href tag.

Thanks,

Hey @monroche,

Check out this thread here:

As for joining without video, you can adjust your default video settings which should take care of that.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks @tommy for the quick answer.
I tried zoomus://zoom.us/join?action=join&confno={ZOOM_MEETING_ID} but I don’t have a meeting ID yet because I’m trying in my call to create a meeting with someone.
I’m actually trying to perform the same action as clicking on “Meet without video” (see below):
2019-11-20_15h50_08

So I looked at the blog https://medium.com/zoom-developer-blog/zoom-url-schemes-748b95fd9205 but again if I want to join or start a meeting I need to specify a meeting ID, that I don’t have.

Basically, I just want to specify a user id or pmi or user email to my call, and automatically it would create the zoom meeting just like it is doing when clicking on Meet without video.

Is there anyway to do that?

Regards,

Hey @monroche,

You could use the personal meeting ID which is always the same (unless changed, which you can check for here).

Using the personal meeting ID with this is essentially the “Instant Meeting” feature.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy, @TimZoom,
I tried that but unfortunately the user I am trying to contact has to start the meeting but since he doesn’t get any notification he has no idea someone is trying to contact him.

Is there anyway, in just one call, to create a meeting as a host, start it and invite one person (so that the user I am trying to contact sees a notification on his screen that I am trying to contact him).

The steps would:
1- user1 clicks on a button
2- a meeting is created and started
3- user2 receives a notification that user1 is calling him
4- user2 accepts the call

Thanks,

Hey @monroche,

Unfortunately as of now there is no way of inviting users to meetings or sending meeting invitation notifications with our APIs. This functionality is handled via our Calendar integrations. Maybe you can look into accomplishing this integrating one of the 3rd Party Calendar APIs which can send push notifications.

Thanks,
Tommy

Ok thanks @tommy, I will look at this option.
One more question, is there a way to open the Zoom app directly in the chat channel of a specific user from a call?

Hey @monroche,

Unfortunately not at this time. But I will add that as a feature request! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy wanted to follow up on this; is it still the case that you cannot invite users via email/text automatically with the API?

Also, if you authenticate via server-to-server JWT, is it still not possible? If you add participants programmatically, will that send an email or text invite? Thanks

Hey @jvall,

Correct. As of now, the Zoom API does not have booking / invitation endpoints. This will need to be handled via a calendar or messaging API like Google Calendar or SendGrid.

What specifically are you asking is possible?

If you create registrants for meetings it will in fact send emails.

Thanks,
Tommy