Operation Logs API

Description
We are searching ways on how to audit the activities happening inside Zoom account and saw below API:

/report/operationlogs

According to the documentation:

“The Operations Logs report allows you to audit admin and user activity, such as adding a new user, changing account settings, and deleting recordings.”

And my question are as follows:

1. Aside from the above-mentioned activities such as adding a new user, changing account settings, and deleting recordings, are there any other activities that we can retrieve by using this API, like updating subscriptions plans, users uploading files during meetings, users chatting during meetings, or any activities being done inside the meeting, etc?

2. Aside from API /report/operationlogs , are there any APIs that we can use to monitor the activities of the users inside the Zoom Account(Zoom dashboard), meetings, chat rooms(channels), etc?

3. Any advice which is the best way to monitor/audit activities of the users, be inside the meeting, Zoom dashboards, chat channels, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Error
N/A

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Any

Which Endpoint/s?
/report/operationlogs

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
N/A

Screenshots (If applicable)
N/A

Additional context
N/A

Hi @rcasimina,

Thanks for reaching out about this, and good questions. Happy to clarify.

Aside from the above-mentioned activities such as adding a new user, changing account settings, and deleting recordings, are there any other activities that we can retrieve by using this API, like updating subscriptions plans, users uploading files during meetings, users chatting during meetings, or any activities being done inside the meeting, etc?

You can find the available logs for this report outlined here.

Aside from API /report/operationlogs , are there any APIs that we can use to monitor the activities of the users inside the Zoom Account(Zoom dashboard), meetings, chat rooms(channels), etc?

Some other endpoints you may be interested in:

We don’t have API endpoints specifically for monitoring meetings and chat rooms. You can list meetings and chats leveraging these endpoints however:

Any advice which is the best way to monitor/audit activities of the users, be inside the meeting, Zoom dashboards, chat channels, etc.

I might also recommend checking out our available Webhooks. You can be notified when a user’s presence changes, when they join/leave meetings, etc. You can find all of our Webhooks here:
https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/webhook-reference

Thanks!
Will

Hi @will.zoom,

Thank for the reply. So aside from the described activities in the documentation, there are no other activities recorded in the Operation Logs, right?

I asked this before here but would like to ask more specific question here again.

1. Is there any event or audit log when user shared file(s) while in the meeting in Zoom Meeting?
  2. Is there also event or audit log when user shared file(s) in Zoom Chat?

I’m asking this because we would like to monitor which files (confidential files or not) are being shared by the user via Zoom platform (Meetings or Chat).

Thank you,
Rodel

Hi @rcasimina,

That’s correct. In regards to monitoring when a user shared files in a meeting, while this is a great suggestion, we don’t currently have any API endpoints to monitor this or retrieve files sent in chat during a meeting. You would need to monitor or save these locally before the meeting ends.

Similarly, we don’t have an endpoint for monitoring or retrieve files sent in Zoom Chat.

Let me know if you have additional questions about this—thanks!
Will

Hi @will.zoom ,

Thank you for your reply.
No other questions for now. I will post another thread if I need to clarify something.

Thank you for your strong support.

Regards,
Rodel

No problem, @rcasimina — glad I could help. :slight_smile:

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.