Option to disable Speaker / Gallery View in 1.9.0

Firstly, thanks so much for enabling Gallery view in the WebSDK, for many of our clients this is a great bonus and essential to their meetings.

However, there are times when we just want to show the current speaker or the spotlight content. At the moment, the speaker view takes up almost 25% of the screen space above the content and the main stream is reduced down. In a 16:9 window, this is a large reduction. Is there a way to disable Speaker and Gallery view for certain meetings via the parameters? Or do I just have to revert back to 1.8.6 for those meetings?

Alternatively, is there a way in Zoom to force the stream to go full size and hide the speaker and gallery view for the users in the WebSDK viewer.

Many thanks

Hey @SeanBarnard,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. We don’t currently have an option in the Web SDK that allows you to disable Gallery View. I can definitely see how that would be a useful feature though.

If you would that to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.