Participant Details: “code: 3001, message: Meeting does not exist” - follow up

Description
I’m writing a new topic, since the previous one has been closed (see Participant Details: "code: 3001, message: Meeting does not exist" for details).
The problem in retrieving the participant details still persists: with some meetings listed in the Meeting Dashboard API, the list of participants isn’t returned by Meeting Participants Dashboard API.
I got a ticket opened by the Developer support team, and they told me about a month ago they found the issue and were working for a fix. Since then I have received no news and the ticket has been closed, too.
Are there any news about the fix the team was working on?

Error
Error status 404 and error message
{"code":3001,"message":"Meeting does not exist: xxxxxxxxxxxxx."}
when retrieving the participant details for some meetings whose UUIDs are listed by the meeting dashboard API

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
Meeting Dashboard API: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/dashboards/dashboardmeetings
Meeting Participant Dashboard API: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/dashboards/dashboardmeetingparticipants

Additional context
Details about the meetings with this issue (less than 1% of data altogether, but with some peaks of failures near to 20% on some days) can be provided by e-mail, if requested.
We also have many meetings held in March with this problem, and their details will soon be not available anymore, since data availability through the Zoom APIs is limited to 6 months.

Hi @dave84,

Thanks for reaching back out about this, and apologies that this hasn’t been cleared up.

In taking another look at the data in question and the timeline of events here, I can see that this was likely a result of a blip in data availability for this particular meeting back in March. This unfortunately means that we won’t be able to recover the meeting details.

While I realize this is not an ideal situation, do let me know if there are outstanding issues or new instances you’d like us to look into.

Thanks,
Will

Hi @will.zoom,

I can probably understand that back then there had been some problems in generating the data for retrieval by the APIs, but I can’t stand why I can instead find similar data if I download the “Details CSV report” (from the admin panel at https://unipd.zoom.us/account/report/user) for the same dates.

By the way, even those reports have issues: it seems they’re not correctly CSV-delimited and this caused me many struggles to get them imported (at the end, despite some adjustments I made, not all of them were) into a database for comparing with those downloaded via API.

These are the most critical dates in terms of missing data by the APIs:

• March 19, 2020 - 586 out of 3124 meetings
  • March 27, 2020 - 576 out of 3799 meetings
  • May 15, 2020 - 839 out of 4711 meetings

In the reports, assuming that the numeric ID and the start time are reliable for identification (the reports don’t include the UUIDs), I could find the participants data in 583, 566 and 819 cases respectively.

Hope this helps for any diagnosis and/or resolution, thanks

Hi @dave84,

Thanks for clarifying these other outstanding dates—I’ve reached back out to our team to look into what we can do here. I’ll update you here once I hear back. (ZOOM-177912)

Thanks,
Will

[Dead-man’s post] Are there any news about this issue? Thanks…

Hey @dave84,

Sincere apologies for the delay here—I’m still working to see if there’s anything that we can do here, and I hope to have an update for you shortly. Thanks so much for your patience.

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.