List meeting participants endpoint incorrectly fails with "Meeting does not exist?"

Description
I was debugging an issue in our Zoom integration that uses the list meeting participants endpoint of the dashboard API.

We had an active meeting with around 10 participants. I joined the meeting on Zoom to verify that people were there. It started today, at some point before 4:52pm ET. The meeting type was a personal meeting. The meeting didn’t show up on the Live Meetings dashboard (https://zoom.us/account/metrics/livemeetings), which was the first hint that something was off.

I was able to fetch the meeting’s info with the /meetings/{meetingId} API, but when I tried to fetch participants with /metrics/meetings/{meetingId}/participants, I got a “Meeting does not exist” error.

I’ve never seen that error when trying to load participants for a meeting that I am able to fetch with /meetings/{meetingId}.

I verified that I was able to fetch participants for other user’s personal meetings on our account, even if the meetings had no participants (I got an empty list of participants in that case).

I then asked everyone in the meeting to leave, wait 10 seconds, and join again. When we did that, the meeting in question immediately appeared on our Live Meetings dashboard, and I was able to fetch participants with the same meeting id, as expected.

Is this an expected behavior that I don’t know about? Was there something broken with the Zoom dashboard and API earlier today? Is there something obvious I’m missing?

Error

{"code":3001,"message":"Meeting does not exist: 123456789."}

(not the real meeting ID)

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
/metrics/meetings/{meetingId}/participants

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
I do not know how to reproduce. I can provide a meeting ID privately if that would be helpful.

Hey @davidbalbert,

Thanks for reaching out about this and happy to look into this for you.

Is it possible to share the meeting ID and the exact request URL you were using with us at developersupport@zoom.us? This will help us to check our logs and further debug to see what might have occurred. Please reference this thread in your email.

Let me know—thanks!
Will

Hi @will.zoom,

Thanks so much. I’ll reach out momentarily.

Dave

Thanks, @davidbalbert! Confirming we’re in touch over email. :slight_smile:

-Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.