Participant email casing changes based on next_page_token presence in response

When retrieving a paginated list of meeting attendees, calling /report/meeting/123456789/participants the following payload is returned:

{
            "id": "0WS_GCm0Rj2tysg7jZOtiQ",
            "user_id": "16783360",
            "name": "John Smith",
            "user_email": "jsmith@domain.com",
            "join_time": "2021-06-03T17:25:49Z",
            "leave_time": "2021-06-03T17:30:33Z",
            "duration": 284,
            "attentiveness_score": "",
            "failover": false,
            "customer_key": ""
        },
[...]
"next_page_token": "abcdefhijkl"

But then calling this same call with page_size=300 (which means for this meeting, no pagination necessary) the payload looks like this:

{
            "id": "0WS_GCm0Rj2tysg7jZOtiQ",
            "user_id": "16783360",
            "name": "John Smith",
            "user_email": "JSMITH@DOMAIN.COM",
            "join_time": "2021-06-03T17:25:49Z",
            "leave_time": "2021-06-03T17:30:33Z",
            "duration": 284,
            "attentiveness_score": "",
            "failover": false,
            "customer_key": ""
        },

(next_page_token not present)

It seems the email is being lowercased() when using pagination. This affects some aggregation routines on our end as user_email is used as a key to sum up the duration.

Hi @dzuczek thank you for inquiring about this. I have a few questions to better support you with this:

• How are you sending this request? Are you using any API testing tools? (i.e. Postman, curl, etc. or your own environment?)

If you’re seeing this consistently across different environments, I definitely want to take a closer look. Could you please submit the exact raw request, the email in the request body, and timestamp of the request to developersupport@zoom.us. This will help us to check our logs and inquire on our end. Please also reference this thread in the email.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.